Page 397 of 467 FirstFirst ... 377387392393394395396397398399400401402407417 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    EDIT2: interesting.... turns out the Vic Gambling Authority has decided loot boxes are gambling, but as per usual, is powerless to take action.
    Yeah saw that yesterday and to add to the governments looking into loot boxes both Belgium and Hawaii are looking into banning them. As Jeff Gerstmann pointed out on yesterday's Giant Bombcast and I agree with him, you don't want US lawmakers getting involved in this but EU lawmakers are generally more consumer friendly and more likely to do a good job of it.

https://www.techspot.com/news/71997-...oxes-asks.html

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    And I just got tomorrow's Big W catalogue, pretty big discounts on recently released games.

CoD WWII $64, ACO $59, Destiny 2 $49, Shadow of War $54, South Park $59, Evil Within 2 $54, Wolfenstien 2 $54, GTA V $44, Horizon ZD $32, Uncharted LL $20, Overwatch $44, Ghost Recon $24, Titanfall 2 $24, BF1 $39, ARK $59, WWE 2K18 $49, NFS Payback $59, GT Sport $32, Fifa 18 $54, Crash Trilogy $42, Forza Motorsport 7 $49, Mass Effect Andromeda $20, Project Cars 2 $42, NBA 2K18 $59, Rayman (Switch) $39, Mario + Rabbids $64.
    I should probably point out the deals at Big W only go to the 27th for some reason.
    And also point out the prices don't start until 24th (as I just discovered when I went to the store).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And also point out the prices don't start until 24th (as I just discovered when I went to the store).
    I just found that the hard way also, walked into work to buy the games and found it didn't start till tomorrow. Not normal for a Big W sale to start on Friday. Sorry I missed that stipulation. At least I wasn't the only one, lots of customers have done the same and even the staff in tech thought it started today until they were informed yesterday afternoon it was Friday.

Yep no biggie. Some other games had sale price tags out but not sure if same ones. Obviously this sale is a Black Friday/Cyber Monday tie in. Curious to see the prices EB and JB might have on games.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yep no biggie. Some other games had sale price tags out but not sure if same ones. Obviously this sale is a Black Friday/Cyber Monday tie in. Curious to see the prices EB and JB might have on games.
    Here's an email I got from EB earlier for Black Friday. Mostly hardware listed but we will have to see at 11:01pm AEST when the site refreshes as to what else is on sale. http://links.ebw.ebgames.com.au/serv...NAS2&mt=1&rt=0

I think GT Sport must have bombed hard, or Sony sold way more to retailers than they could reasonably expect to sell to consumers. A $99 game from last month on sale at Big W for $32 and EB Games for $89 with an official PS4 controller included.

There's a 12gb demo up on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live for Wolfenstein II. Save data transfers over to the full game, and the full game is 50% off.

So question for people that have played both Wolfenstein I and II. Do I need to have completed the first game to enjoy the story of the new game?

I never got through the intro of the first game, I keep hearing it started really slow and got better but I never could convince myself to get through the opening.

There's a 12gb demo up on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live for Wolfenstein II. Save data transfers over to the full game, and the full game is 50% off.

So question for people that have played both Wolfenstein I and II. Do I need to have completed the first game to enjoy the story of the new game?

I never got through the intro of the first game, I keep hearing it started really slow and got better but I never could convince myself to get through the opening.
    TNO is better than Colossus so you'd be much better off going back and finishing it up

I have avoided Wolfenstein II user reviews in order to prevent spoilers but from what I gather, complaints are that it's too hard. That is not really a complain since most games are certainly too easy these days.

There is a sale on so I may pick it up on that but in no huge hurry as I have a lot of games to play.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have avoided Wolfenstein II user reviews in order to prevent spoilers but from what I gather, complaints are that it's too hard. That is not really a complain since most games are certainly too easy these days.

There is a sale on so I may pick it up on that but in no huge hurry as I have a lot of games to play.
    lol havent heard that. Biggest issue I have is that it's short and has way too many cut-scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    lol havent heard that. Biggest issue I have is that it's short and has way too many cut-scenes.
    They are mostly on Steam.

Oddly enough, if it's short is appealing to me as I don't have a lot of gaming time these days. If i were long, it would justify the Switch version but Steam will do.