Thread: Collector Club magazine #60

Default Collector Club magazine #60

This is the December/January, that arrives at American homes in the first week of December. Mine arrived on the 30th of December, and the contents are as follows...

P1 - cover - art of the Destructons, who are the main characters in this year's comic.

P2 - intro - letting us know that the BotCon 2015 toys will be shown in December (not surprisingly, it didn't happen), and pre-registration will start "soon" (which you'd think would be no more than a month, which was end of December).
    Early Spring in America (end of February/early March) is when the subscription toys are supposed to start shipping, and when ordering info of Nova Prime and Marissa should begin... so lets see if it is third time lucky with the release of Subscription toys by their scheduled time.
    Club messageboard is noted as being "as soon as possible", because they have a new team working on it.

P3 & 4 - Unreleased G2 part 2 (by Jim Sorenson) - a very nice article that continues on from last issue's article of info and photos of some Generation 2 toys that didn't get released to stores. This part includes the Protectobots, Stunticons, Blocktown, Autorollers (the two that ended up in Japan during the Beast Era), and Flip-changers (the ones that ended up in the Machine Wars line).

P5-10 - comic story - Alone Together part 5 (is actually part 6, as part 1 was labelled as a Prologue). This is the final part of the six-part story, featuring Beast Wars Rampage and Transmutate (2014 toys) crossing paths with the Destructons... a group of characters that showed up in the short-lived 3D Gen1 comic.

P11 & 12 - 30th Anniversary article on the Aligned Universe (by Jim Sorenson I think) - More of a reflective commentary of the Aligned Universe, with emphasis on TFPrime and Rescue Bots.
    There is a short mention of the RID-2015 cartoon continuing this Aligned Universe, with a couple of interesting bits of info.
    - The series had a draft title of "Transformers Supreme", and I recall a possible Optimus Supreme toy coming... which could have been the reason for the title.
    - Megatron will apparently be showing up again in the current series.

P13-16 - A four page prologue comic "Another Light", of the Mirror Universe's version of the 1986 Movie scene that had Megatron being dumped out of Astrotrain by Starscream and being found by Unicron. In this Mirror version, it is Rodimus acting like Starscream, inside Skylynx instead of Astrotrain, and the Evil Autobots being ejected are Optimus, Inferno, Ratchet, Prowl, and I think Brawn. (unfortunately for FunPub, they killed off Ironhide in the BotCon 2012 comic, because if Inferno had been Ironhide, it would be representing the four Autobots killed off at the start of the 1986 Movie)
    Unicron is still Unicron, as he is one of those "multi-verse singularities" of FunPub's comic universe, which means that the character is the same in every universe.
    Either this is a prologue for next year's Magazine comic, or some how tied in with the BotCon comic in June. We'll find out next issue.

Due to the four page comic at the end, there were no character profile pages or back-page filler.

Anybody not want theirs?

Stupid club system killed my sub, and I'll miss this one :-(

As usual it was far more comic than articles or info - nothing particularly of interest.

(Warning: Whited out spoiler below)

What really, REALLY pissed me off was the massive spoiler they threw in about the new RID cartoon - that of Optimus in his non-corporeal form training with the original 13 Primes - WTF are they doing throwing that spoiler about?! That sounds like a really interesting sub-plot that I would have been pleasantly surprised by

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    P13-16 - A four page prologue comic "Another Light", of the Mirror Universe's version of the 1986 Movie scene that had Megatron being dumped out of Astrotrain by Starscream and being found by Unicron.
    This may be a spoiler too but I saw the scene on Tumblr and it's not just "Another Light" it's another *Lost Light* with Rodimus's crew including the SG versions of Drift, Tailgate, Swerve, Blaster, Chromedome and Rewind