Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Your occupation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Ha! My Brain nearly imploded at the idea of finishing high school... which is why I didn't I like to think I'm doing alright for a high school drop out.
    Likewise... my HSC score was so low that I barely made 3rd round offers

Currently at uni about to finish 2nd year Commerce - Accounting and Finance at Monash, but taking the next year off as I will be working in accounts payable at GM Holden (company car anyone VE COMMODORE? hehe doubt it though) starting in January.

Currently a telephone monkey for Roy Morgan research surveying people, previously been waiter, sales assistant at Sanity, worked at fast food joints and Target.

Another uni bum here. PhD student in Maths and sessional academic for the department. My research was done a while back but am still writing up the thesis. Basically given the current week's Australian wool auction data I'm now able to predict (pretty accurately) the prices and outcomes of next week's auctions. Plus I can generate pretty charts and pictures for farmers to understand. I'm a VERY slow writer and too easily distracted by stuff (like this forum). Since my industry scholarship ran out in July, I've been living on a temporary lecturer position within the department. Will be unemployed for a few months as soon as the current semester's teachings are over (like in 2 weeks...) Guess I won't be buying new TFs for a couple of months. Am likely to continue as a lecturer for the department next year or do a postdoc somewhere.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    You people are all over-educated, my Brain would have imploded just thinking about going to Uni.
    Do you think I actually focussed on work at Uni? Are you insane?

Mate, It was all about the girls ! In my tute alone, There were about 25 of us in total & about 85% of them were girls! (& there was this one time in 2nd year when there were 2 Swedish girls in one of our subjects... Man, that was a great subject for us guys but you wouldn't believe the level of b#%@$iness in that room... )

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Do you think I actually focussed on work at Uni? Are you insane?

Mate, It was all about the girls ! In my tute alone, There were about 25 of us in total & about 85% of them were girls! (& there was this one time in 2nd year when there were 2 Swedish girls in one of our subjects... Man, that was a great subject for us guys but you wouldn't believe the level of b#%@$iness in that room... )
    i have a friend that changed his career , from Accounting to Psychology(socialogy*) just because of the ratio of girls to guys in each classroom, personally i don't see how that wiould work in the long-term.....
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    i have a friend that changed his career , from Accounting to Psychology(socialogy*) just because of the ratio of girls to guys in each classroom, personally i don't see how that wiould work in the long-term.....
    There aren't many girls in Maths... Sometimes I wish I did something like Psychology, Marketing, Physiotherapy, Education or even Nursing...

Currently finishing my 5th yr Medical studies (BIG EXAM in 4 weeks). Can't wait for next yr as it's a pretty slack yr. Spending 9 weeks in total overseas for an elective in January and August-September.

Currently working casually for a contractor for PURA milk two days a week (monday saturday). Pretty good paying job for 2-3 hours job, almost 30 an hour and that's what paying my hobby off right now.

Oh... and i get free milk too... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Another uni bum here. PhD student in Maths and sessional academic for the department. My research was done a while back but am still writing up the thesis. Basically given the current week's Australian wool auction data I'm now able to predict (pretty accurately) the prices and outcomes of next week's auctions. Plus I can generate pretty charts and pictures for farmers to understand. I'm a VERY slow writer and too easily distracted by stuff (like this forum). Since my industry scholarship ran out in July, I've been living on a temporary lecturer position within the department. Will be unemployed for a few months as soon as the current semester's teachings are over (like in 2 weeks...) Guess I won't be buying new TFs for a couple of months. Am likely to continue as a lecturer for the department next year or do a postdoc somewhere.
    can you predict when our dollar is going to go back up?

WOW

look how many people replied to this topic in one day!!!

im at a very unique situation. being a bum
    im maybe going to do some more study next year, unless i find work!

The AUD will appreciate if :
    inflation rises in the U.S or Australia increase it interest rates (but i guess those with mortgages won't be to happy)

Or the RBA can intervene to appreciate the $AUD by decreasing the supply of the AUD

But basically we want a scenario where the F/X market demands more Aussie currency!!!!

I was a little annouyed speculation of the U.S going into a recession , HALTED our AUD to increase, which right now should be around 73c but damn expectation by the market caused caution ...
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion