Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue Bots Dinosaurs?

Default Rescue Bots Dinosaurs?

On the back of the packaging for the new Heatwave (boat) toy, there is a "fantasy scene" for the third series, which is being called "Rescan".

In the fantasy scene, we have a number of Dinsaur modes and characters sporting Dinosaur kibbble.

The T-Rex is apparently Optimus, Bumblebee is shown with claws, and there is a yellow Triceratops (which could also be Bumblebee... or maybe a mis-coloured Boulder?), Chase has Stegosaurus spines on his back (in police colours), while the "playset" for the year looks to be a fire-truck that converts into one of those big long Dinos (which we used to call Brontosaurus, ie. Gen1 Sludge).

Looks like the jet could be Blades' new vehicle mode as well. (each character looks to be having a new vehicle toy AND a new Dinosaur toy this year)

I wonder if any of this will be in the second season of the cartoon (which is supposed to finally air next month, but was produced a year ago, before these toys would have been out), or if we have to wait a year for the third season to feature these new modes.

Smart move Hasbro! AoE will have the Dinbots and kids love anything tha is a dinosaur, I should know my 4yr old is watching Dinosaur Train, and my 5 yr old is watching Rescue Bots.
    Last edited by griffin; 22nd January 2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Hiding spoilers of something that isn't Rescue Bots

I wonder if the Dinosaurs are actually in Season 2 of the cartoon, and when they found out that TF4 had Dinobots, that's why the season and toys were held back for a year to coincide with the theme of the year.

Didn't they have animatronic dinosaurs in the 1st season? I thought the triceratops was Boulder. The pic I saw of the packaging back had serious glare.

Yes, they had robot dinosaurs in season one a couple times, so maybe the feedback on those prompted these toys.
    I'd much rather have a Morbot toy though...

The Apatosaurus you mean?

Yeah... that's the one, now that "Brontosaurus" no longer exists (or never did ).
    But people from my era are probably more familiar with the Brontosaurus name, because it was the common one used for that big, long, plant-eating Dinosaur "type"... even after it was proven to be a "mistake".

Hence the "Gen1 Sludge" reference, for those who are more TF fan than Dino fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The Apatosaurus you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah... that's the one, now that "Brontosaurus" no longer exists (or never did ).
    But people from my era are probably more familiar with the Brontosaurus name, because it was the common one used for that big, long, plant-eating Dinosaur "type"... even after it was proven to be a "mistake".

Hence the "Gen1 Sludge" reference, for those who are more TF fan than Dino fan.
    Who ever heard of an Apatosaurus?

Default Well, Garry Chalk DID Audition For Megatron Originally...

Optimus... Primal?

In before a tirade of "MUNKY NOT DYNOZAR!!!" posts.

If any of this appears in the cartoon, my query on this would be... where does a Dino-Optimus fit within the Transformers Prime universe?
    Rescue Bots is supposed to be part of TFPrime, so either this season occurred before the end of TFPrime (relating to what happens to Optimus), or it occurs after the end of the TFPrime cartoon (and those who have seen the cartoon know what happens to Optimus).