Thread: Angry Birds Transformers now confirmed

Default Angry Birds Transformers now confirmed

They were on the leaked Hasbro Database last November, but now Hasbro have released some names and UK release details (from the UK Toyfair, via TFW2005).

Racers - September
    Battle Packs - September
    Energon Multi-Pack - September
    Bumblebee Blast - September
    Telepods Optimus Raceway - September
    These may or may not be movie themed... but since the names are vague enough, it can be posted here for now.

It was only a matter of time that Hasbro would use Transformers like Star Wars to milk their Angry Birds license as much as possible before the fad completely died.

I don't think you can call angry birds a fad as it was first released in 2009 and has 2 billion downloads. It is a smart move by hasbro as it will expose a lot of kids to transformers which may translate across to sales of regular toys. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. Not saying i am big fan of angry birds but my kids are.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    I don't think you can call angry birds a fad as it was first released in 2009 and has 2 billion downloads. It is a smart move by hasbro as it will expose a lot of kids to transformers which may translate across to sales of regular toys. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. Not saying i am big fan of angry birds but my kids are.
    Fad or not it's still trans-ploitation

I would speculate that the flow of 'customers' for the Star Wars crossover would have been more 'Star Wars to Angry Birds' than 'Angry Birds to Star Wars' and this particular crossover would be the same.

I like the idea of Angry Birds stuff, but probably won't get any. Have to stop somewhere

I'm more interested in the Kreo stuff that is listed.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    before the fad completely died.
    Angry Birds sell better than Transformers at the store I work at. Always selling their shirts and plushes.

I meant the toy fad... as I didn't see much enthusiasm for the online fad translating into the toys (especially the Star Wars ones, which made me think that having Transformers ones as well would just go too far).
    But I could be wrong. We'll see how the Retailers react at Toyfair.

Online game will be good, as starwars is a cool game. Good move from hasbro to team up with rovio.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Made a point of having a look while in Target today. They had nearly as many Angry Birds Star Wars toys as TF's on the shelves and definitely more than regular Star Wats toys

We can hope they will be G1 or Classicsverse based, since the AB SW toys are based on the original 3 movies instead of the new rubbish. But with TF4 looming there is a high probability they will be movie based, especially since the kids who will make up their target demographic will be more aware of the flicks than G1.