Thread: Toy Review - Legacy United Cybertron Universe Starscream

Default Toy Review - Legacy United Cybertron Universe Starscream

Legacy United Cybertron Universe Starscream
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Legacy
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New Mold
    Wave - 2
    Released here - Not Yet (may arrive later in the year)
    Approximate Retail Price - $60
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Cybertronic jet fighter
    Main Features/Gimmicks - flip out blades (similar to his original Cybertron toy)
    Main Colours - grey, black, red and yellow bits here and there
    Main Accessories - Blaster, Cyber Key, 2 wings/Null Cannons, 2 tail fins

Legacy Cybertron Starscream is well, an updated version of Cybertron Starscream. He features articulation pretty much everywhere, with his hands, waist, neck, ankles, shoulders, etc. all having fantastic articulation. Unlike the original toy, his torso cannons cannot move.
    Also unlike the original toy (and unlike the cartoon), he comes with a blaster, which was based off an unused design from his original character sheet

As with pretty much any Unicron Trilogy figure in the Legacy Toyline, he still retains his gimmick, but it has to be manually done, as the Cyber Key doesn't activate anything (more on that later).

Some comparasion shots:

Compared to Cybertron Stars- oh wait nevermind.

Cyber Key

In something that hasn't been seen in a while, he comes with a Cyber Key. As mentioned it doesn't activate any gimmicks, but it's also too small to fit into any ports of Cybertron figures, making the key not backwards compatible.

Vehicle Mode

Transformation is not too complex on him. He transforms in 26 steps into a jet that's accurate to his cartoon appearance. His blaster can be placed at either the top, or the bottom of his jet mode (in robot mode, it hangs out in the back).

Verdict

Honestly, he's not a bad figure. Considering how some figures have turned out lately, it's good to see a figure that is shown that a lot of love was put into it. I recommend picking him up, regardless if you like Transformers Cybertron or not.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I did notice when I was unboxing mine that it was rather easy to pop out the key and could be done without opening the packaging. Have people overseas been finding keys missing from their Cybertron Starscream?

Also, I can finally replace my Club version of Cybertron Voyager Starscream with something that doesn't look like a strange repaint. I just hope next year's Titan isn't a Cybertron Starscream.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The Voyager Starscream came with a blaster. It mounted under the nose of the jet and had a firing missile. I'm kinda bummed they didn't take the opportunity to rectify his not moving bewb guns and I will freely admit that the square chunk under the nose of the jet looks bad.
    BUT I will buy it because I like this starscream design.
    (shameless plug because I can't easily post a picture of the gun without faffing around