Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

My Aerial Legends 5 pack 'Skydive' has two left feet. He could not transform into his black jet without modding.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

My Movie Scorpinok right Drilling pincer has never spun

so i was going to swap my thrust and gears parts over to make one perfect one but nO! i cant get the pieces off that i want, seem to use pins? sigh

Pins are very hard to remove, you can spend hours but its doable. When they glue parts togethere is a lot worse as you need to break the toy to remove it but thankfully this practice is unusual but still used.

When I bought the latest three Movie Scouts while in Darwin last week, two of the three had bad paint apps.

Brakedown had 4 blobs of paint on the rear end of one door, while Wideload had a spray of red paint mist on one whole panel of the truck mode.

I'm not too upset over this, as it doesn't affect the engineering/convertability of the toys... nor does it stand out unless you look closely at the toys. I just wanted to document it in case it was a common problem.

I'm not going to be one who pedantically scrutinises every figure in the store, looking for the best one or 'perfect-est' one, as it will just detract from the enjoyment of getting a new toy, and could even prevent me from buying one if none are 100% perfect.
    They are after all, produced in their hundreds of thousands by people who are probably paid peanuts, so minor things like minor paint app flaws aren't a big deal (for me, they aren't an investment - they are going to be played with, and eventually worn with use over time). Defective figures that are missing parts or don't work properly are the issues to worry about and get replaced.

my ultimate bumblebee is made from parts that are different colours. some are the correct yellow but then some are more orangy and it really annoys me because he looks awful when displayed in car mode so he has to stay in robot mode which to be honest is a let down.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow, overall that wideload looks really bad. Like it was sneezed on.

Look at the drivers window. Ewwww. And the rear grey over blue. Oh lordy!

You should join us in looking over toys a bit better. I was lucky to have 4 brakedowns last week to choose between.

Oh, and that ultimate BB, that sucks because it would be very very difficult to pick in package.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

red paint spray?hmm did someone loose a finger!!

I cannot forgive that level of bad QC so easily. I blame Has-Tak-Tom for it not the factories. They pay the factory workers 'peanuts' so that the toy company can get a huge cut in the profits at the expense of both the workers and the consumers with over priced toys.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The factories are 3rd party contractors. They pay their own workers. Both sides are to blame.

1. Has-tak for getting the cheapest factory.

2. The factory cutting costs and corners to garnish an extra slice of profit from the contract amount.

Bottom line, the factories are to blame overall.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------