Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFCC WILL be closing at the end of this year

The question is, do we trust them to actually achieve this? I'm on the fence for sure.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    The question is, do we trust them to actually achieve this? I'm on the fence for sure.
    Another question is: how many of their members can afford two Subscription Service lines in one year? Don't think I will unless it's unbelievably good and I save my pennies.

Plus what do you do about exchanges of defective figures if they've closed down?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Plus what do you do about exchanges of defective figures if they've closed down?
    I'm guessing it's a case of "Thank you very much, you're on your own, later"
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

They just posted this via their Facebook account:

Thank you to each and every one of you that has supported us over the last 12 years. The party isn't over yet though as we have a big year still to come, with the TFSS 4.0 starting to ship next month and the TFSS 5.0 starting soon! At BotCon 2016 we will be revealing all six TFSS 5.0 figures, so stay tuned for that.

In regard to memberships, some quick follow ups. If you are a member as of March 16th, 2016 you will be able to purchase the TFSS 5.0. If your membership expires during the time period when the 4.0 or 5.0 are shipping, you STILL can pay the installments (if that is the option you selected) and you will receive all your figures as you normally would.

As far as concerns over auto renewals after March 16th. As we have said, we are not taking any new memberships after this date, so there are no auto renewals as there will be no memberships to renew.

Finally, back to the very first point. Thank you! Thousands upon thousands of you have supported the Club over the years and right now, as of today, the TCC is the strongest it has been in a few years! That is because of all of you! Those who enjoy what the TCC offers and enjoy what we do. You are an amazing fan base and thanks to all of you who continue to have an important impact on the hobby! You all are what makes this fun to do!

I think Hasbro will clean up any mess at the end, or extend the deadline to allow them to ship
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

From the latest email looks like Funpub are closing their GI Joe club as well

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    From the latest email looks like Funpub are closing their GI Joe club as well
    Poor GI Joe fans. They just can't get a break.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Poor GI Joe fans. They just can't get a break.
    but from what I've heard over the last couple years, they're about as happy with FunPub as transformers fans are.

The only difference is they are less likely to have Hasbro follow up with something else.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

but from what I've heard over the last couple years, they're about as happy with FunPub as transformers fans are.

The only difference is they are less likely to have Hasbro follow up with something else.
    I thought G1 Joe was supposed to be Funpubs favoured brand. I would have thought that club would have gotten better treatment and thus had happier members than the TF one.

Spose it makes sense that they are losing all their Hasbro brands, not just the one

Yeah Joe fans are really screwed. No mass market toys, no pending movie or cartoon, no club. Even the modern continuity Joe comic by IDW canned.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!