Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In hand photo gallery of CW Victorion

Default In hand photo gallery of CW Victorion

In-hand shots of Victorion (via TFW).

I'm liking the close ups of the Gestalts face. Actually does look somewhat feminine rather than just femanistically-male

So my daughter got her Victorion last week and since it was a red rainstorm day today (ie kids in HK don't go to school) we cracked her open and I snapped a few pictures of her. Note my 9 year old son did all the transformations and combining.

I have to say firstly she's hard to photograph because of her colours. I ended up taking a lot of my photos with the flash AND a light shining towards her to get pictures somewhat close to her true colours.

I also took a fair few comparison photos of the individual figures against the "boy" equivalent. All the figures are (as you'd expect with Combiner Wars) pretty standard.
    Vehicles:

I don't like the colours of the individual members with the exception of Pyro Magna where the colour suits her vehicle mode. The "green" is too garish and the red is too bright on the other vehicles. The contrast doesn't work for me.

Individual bots:

I really do wonder what they were thinking with the heads on the car girls.
    Jumpstream looks an awful lot like she's related to Optimus Primal to me!
    However the hands are much better than the regular combiners because they aren't just holes so you can kind of make the figure grab things if you wanted to.

Combined mode:

The colours don't look as bad when she's combined. Her head, hands and feet look really good. Much better than the other combiners.

Her combined weapon is nice. I like the blue in it. When she actually weilds it she looks pretty good as it softens her colouring. The only slightly annoying thing is she doesn't "hold" the sword. It slides into a hole at the back of her hand. Given how nice her hands are it would have been cool for her to actually be able to hold her weapon properly.

She's actually a nice combiner if you can look past the colours. I suspect we will be keeping her combined as we didn't like the individual bot colours much and they don't have the wow to them her combined form does.

If you want to see the entire album of photos (some 80-odd!) you can find it here. Apologies for the quality of some of them - you'll see what I mean about difficulty photographing her.
    If you want to read my blog review of her, you'll find it here:
    https://lisamaree.wordpress.com/2016...ed-girl-power/

Who did you order yours through?

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Who did you order yours through?
    I used a store in China recommended/trusted by local HK collectors. It was significantly cheaper even with shipping than buying in a store here although admittedly at the time I ordered her there wasn't a release date for Hong Kong and I had promised my daughter I'd get her.
    I always get nervous when I buy from unknown sources in China but had a great experience getting her so I'd buy from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I really do wonder what they were thinking with the heads on the car girls.
    Jumpstream looks an awful lot like she's related to Optimus Primal to me!
    really?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Combiner...Jumpstream.jpg

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:BW-Maste...mus-Primal.jpg

Did you mean Dustup?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Hmm... according to the paperwork included with Victorion the windblade looking face is Dust Up and the Gorilla looking face is Jumpstream...

Which is correct? (I don't read the comics so I based naming on what was included on the instructions which are the same in both english and chinese)
    *confused*

Yep that should be Dustup you were referring to, who's inspired by Nightbird if I'm not mistaken?

And love your write-ups.

Btw if you know your way around taobao you'd find getting stuff from mainland China is quick and so damn cheap

I don't like the colours they have used and I don't really like that they are all the same colour combo. However since I am not collecting CW my opinion is irrelevant anyway
    Spiderken Away!

I collect CW and I share spiderken27's sentiment. The colours look like they're from some unreleased prototype and not a final product. Meh.