Thread: SDCC 2016 GIJoe-TFs exclusive set

Default SDCC 2016 GIJoe-TFs exclusive set

Another of this year's SDCC Transformers exclusives has surfaced, and it's another of the GIJoe-Transformers crossover sets... despite the 2013 set (with Jetfire & Hound) being noted as the final one.

This one also has two Transformers coloured GIJoe toys - Powerglide as a Rattler, and Soundwave as a HISS tank... plus two more GIJoe characters (Zartan & Scarlett).
    Being the fourth crossover set, it is noted as "issue 8" on the front of the box (following on from the four issue mini-series from waaaaaay back in 1987).

These are the previous three sets, from 2011 to 2013.

SDCC 2011 - Starscream deco Skystriker w/ Cobra Commander & mini Megatron.
    SDCC 2012 - Shockwave deco HISS tank w/ Destro & BAT plus Energon cubes, Soundwave & 3 cassettes
    SDCC 2013 - Jetfire deco Skystriker & Hound deco w/ Bludgeon, Snake Eyes & Baroness plus Ravage, Blaster & 3 cassettes

That should mean another three very expensive SDCC Transformers exclusives this year, with this crossover set (the 2013 set was US$100), the Titan Force 3-pack (Windblade, Brainstorm, Sentinel Prime - probably about US$70), and the rumoured Fortress Maximus with Sword (expect that to be US$200 as the regular version is US$150).

I do like the cross-overs and I wish I did have the money for them but meh....can't keep wasting money of plastic crack

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I wonder if all 3 of these will be at HK ani-con too as has happened the previous 2 years. If so I can see my son struggling between this GI Joe set and Fort Max to spend his $$ on.

That Soundwave tank is worth it alone. Very cool!

I'm expecting it to be more expensive here though as the 3 girl set last year was US$100 on its own. I wonder if they've learnt their lesson and will have less product this year. SDCC Devy and the Combiner Hunters are STILL easily available here.

Glad that they've moved away from using the Sky Striker mold for a change... it's been reused for way too long.

Megatran Guest

I didn't appreciate the scale of the SDCC 2011 Starscream until I saw this pic. Link Shame it does not transform.

It just donned on me. Is the red background the Movieverse Optimus Prime truck display stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    It just donned on me. Is the red background the Movieverse Optimus Prime truck display stand?
    Hehehe... yes.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That should mean another three very expensive SDCC Transformers exclusives this year, with this crossover set (the 2013 set was US$100), the Titan Force 3-pack (Windblade, Brainstorm, Sentinel Prime - probably about US$70), and the rumoured Fortress Maximus with Sword (expect that to be US$200 as the regular version is US$150).
    what are the odds that they'll do a Class of '86 kreon set as well?
    I haven't heard any news but it would tie in perfectly with the movie anniversary as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Official Images of the set have been released, now that the set has been leaked.