Page 746 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 726736741742743744745746747748749750751756766 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,460 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's ridiculous to think that back in the day, TM Scourge sold for a little over $3 extra what you'd expect to pay for a legends class toy today

Damn you parents! Why didn't you buy me more when prices were so low you cheap bastards!!
    I don't think that's an Australian ad, I don't have any old toy catalogue ads from Aus that use a drawing instead of a photo.

So double the US price and around $20-$30 AUD was what the cars/jets/targetmasters sold for here in the 80s. Comparable to a deluxe today really.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I don't think that's an Australian ad, I don't have any old toy catalogue ads from Aus that use a drawing instead of a photo.
    Yeah, the question was about US retail, (presumably since we didn't get Targetmaster Cyclonus and Scourge here anyway.) I do remember the Chinese reissues of the Decepticon Planes being about that bargain price in Aussie dollars, but from memory I think the Targetmasters were about $29.99-$35.00 at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I do remember the Chinese reissues of the Decepticon Planes being about that bargain price in Aussie dollars, but from memory I think the Targetmasters were about $29.99-$35.00 at full price.
    Yeah, I remember buying the reissue Ramjet at Toys R Us Liverpool for $16.99

I got the re-release of Cyclonus for $2! The funny thing was, I already had an original Cyclonus at the time -- but when I saw the toy again for two bucks, I picked it up because my original had sticker wear. And also so he could be Cyclonus' "Armada." My first foray into army building! Never did it for Scourge though (probably because I never found that toy at such a cheap price)

It's ridiculous to think that back in the day, TM Scourge sold for a little over $3 extra what you'd expect to pay for a legends class toy today

Damn you parents! Why didn't you buy me more when prices were so low you cheap bastards!!
    My mum bought about a dozen Kups when Grace Bros reduced the price to $5 each. They became 'gift fodder' for the next 2 years (i.e. all of my friends and cousins got a Kup!).

Remember the old saying. "The price of stamps shall climb ever higher"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yeah, I remember buying the reissue Ramjet at Toys R Us Liverpool for $16.99
    Can I have some more info on this reissue?? Was it still released in the official hasbro box or was there some way to determine it was Chinese (Chinese writing)? Do you still have the toy ST? If it's opened can I see a picture of the box and the manufacturer/date stamp on the toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yeah, the question was about US retail, (presumably since we didn't get Targetmaster Cyclonus and Scourge here anyway.)
    Of course *forehead slap*

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My mum bought about a dozen Kups when Grace Bros reduced the price to $5 each. They became 'gift fodder' for the next 2 years (i.e. all of my friends and cousins got a Kup!).
    The last part of that just sounds dirty
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Can I have some more info on this reissue?? Was it still released in the official hasbro box or was there some way to determine it was Chinese (Chinese writing)? Do you still have the toy ST? If it's opened can I see a picture of the box and the manufacturer/date stamp on the toy?
    Official Hasbro box and all, RC
    There were no stickers to on it indicate that it was a Chinese reissue or anything like that. The asst. number is different, i'm pretty sure of that
    I still have it & it is opened, but from memory the copyright on the Seekers was printed on the inside of their legs, so a photo may be difficult, but i can always supply the text.
    Leave it with me for a few, i've got to dig the box up, but it shouldn't be too hard to find

That reminds me, i also bought sealed versions of G1 Inferno, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Mirage & Sunstreaker among others while i was overseas... in 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]There were no stickers to on it indicate that it was a Chinese reissue or anything like that.
    Sorry to contradict you but there were. I have quite a few and they all have a small black sticker with Chinese writing on them. The copyright information below the Tech Specs was also shorter when compared to their western original release.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Sorry to contradict you but there were. I have quite a few and they all have a small black sticker with Chinese writing on them. The copyright information below the Tech Specs was also shorter when compared to their western original release.
    I'll have to double check then. i don't remember there being one, but it's something to look out for.