Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS-38 Optimus Prime from Bumblebee Movie (movie spoilers)

A few updates via Seibertron:

Some In-Hand Images of SS-38 with comparisons of Evasion Mode Prime and MP-10

A Video Review of SS-38 with similar comparisons, scale, and featuring transformation. As far as I could see it didn't have any voiceover its just showing off both modes and transformation.

The more I see, the more I like, the more I want.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    The more I see, the more I like, the more I want.
    Yeah, same here.
    Just shut up and take my money already Hasbro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    No trailer
    The clever thing to do would be to give this toy a trailer hitch that makes it reverse-compatible with a previous Optimus Prime's trailer, like say G1 OP's trailer. Obviously adding a wheeled plastic box would significantly add to the cost of the toy, but giving a simple hitch would improve the play value and allow collectors to simply attach another trailer to it. And it's not unheard of for them to sneak in a feature like this -- Reveal the Shield G2 Laser Optimus Prime is able to connect with the original 1995 G2 Optimus Prime toy's trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The clever thing to do would be to give this toy a trailer hitch that makes it reverse-compatible with a previous Optimus Prime's trailer, like say G1 OP's trailer. Obviously adding a wheeled plastic box would significantly add to the cost of the toy, but giving a simple hitch would improve the play value and allow collectors to simply attach another trailer to it. And it's not unheard of for them to sneak in a feature like this -- Reveal the Shield G2 Laser Optimus Prime is able to connect with the original 1995 G2 Optimus Prime toy's trailer.
    Agreed Gok! I don't need more Prime trailers taking up space in storage and adding unnecessary extra cost to my purchase. I like what they did with the Legendary Prime allowing it to be compatible with the MP-10 trailer, that's all I need for the few times I feel like taking Legendary Prime off the shelf and putting it into truck mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From what I saw on the video, he does indeed have a hitch! So lets hope its compatible!

Last edited by TaZZerath; 7th January 2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added a quick snippet from review

This looks great! Any links to the video Taz?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Agreed Gok! I don't need more Prime trailers taking up space in storage and adding unnecessary extra cost to my purchase.]
    Yeah but for those of us that specifically collect Primes with trailers it’s a letdown. The only time he was seen in his Earth alt-mode he had a trailer so I would have liked one here. If I have to remove the trailer from another Optimus it defeats the purpose of my display for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    This looks great! Any links to the video Taz?
    Yup buddy I already posted them

But here's a direct link to the vid. It looks like a Chinese site and has a LOT of ads to wade through but the review has no voiceover once you get there.

Apparently he's out in some US stores now and here's some more photos of him, with comparisons to Siege Prime. There's also some really detailed up-close shots of his truck and robot mode.

The more I see you, Prime, the more I want you....