• Only if cheap

3 21.43%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Siege Ultra Magnus

For those who have removed the paint on the chestplate, how easy was it? I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of this guy to chuck on my cartoon shelf with my Legends deluxes, especially with the Springer reveal.

Not too thrilled on a white Optimus in armour, but it looks to pull it off quite well. Does he seem solid in the armoured state?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post

Not too thrilled on a white Optimus in armour, but it looks to pull it off quite well. Does he seem solid in the armoured state?
    Very solid, to the point where I'd definitely class him as 'chunky'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    For those who have removed the paint on the chestplate, how easy was it?
    I've removed all the battle damage on him except for his front bumper (as that damage makes sense to me).
    Just watch for the red bits attached to the chest as that is paint so will rub off easily. Otherwise, not a hard task.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The only other Ultra Magnus in my collection is the Animated version. So the closest comparison I can make is with TR Powermaster OP who I understand is somewhat based on CW Ultra Magnus.

My thoughts on the Siege version are that 3 out of 4 of the modes are OK to very good (battle robot mode is best and basic truck mode is OK). The problem with my version is the trailer truck mode. Only about four to six wheels actually touch the ground with the front and back two being the ones that make definitive contact.

This is rapidly becoming this years leading candidate for the 'I can't stop fiddling idly with this figure while watching TV' award. It's so playable.

Previous winners: Studio Series Starscream (2018), The Last Knight Voyager Megatron (2017), Titans Return Triggerhapy (2016).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.