Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoiler character and theme info from movie writers.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Screw Devastator!

I'd rather see...

Last edited by Pulse; 27th July 2008 at 11:28 PM.

I dunno, I'd rather see Devastator. Only problem is that they would need to justify taking up seven character slots and thirteen CGI models to do it. Still, it would be damn cool to see a sextet of green protoforms entering the atmosphere in tight formation. Or even one big distant meteorite splitting into six parts halfway down.

Dinobots... they're kind of a one-trick pony. Admittedly, though, that one trick is being giant robot Michael Bays and blowing the living crap out of everything BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Heck, you could probably get away with just having Grimlock in there, walking the line between Autobot and Decepticon. It's a pity the Allspark went bang - it would be a plot excuse to have him grow to enormous size and go all mecha-Godzilla before being shrunk back down.

As to how to get them in there, freakin' *easy*. Have a line from one of the Autobots to Sam saying that if the thing they scan is just a framework, their disguise systems make a 'best guess' at what the covering should look like. Then have Grimlock or the Dinobots land, get attacked by Decepticons just as they're looking to scan local modes (including maybe a silver Mustang, hee), and have their scanning beams get jolted to a dinosaur skeleton exhibit at a nearby museum, or even a "dinosaur skeletons made out of junk" artwork.

Come on, that took me, what, one second to think up and seventeen seconds to type. And ALL HOLLYWOOD can't figure out how to do this? Where do I pick up my check?

If there's no Dinobots, then there must be no Wheeljack
    Surely if he was there he'd be able to whip up some Dinobots in no time.. modern-day writers be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post

They are basically saying 1 of 2 things: Either they don't have the skills as writers, or they're saying "it can't be done"... WTF??? That's the Producer's job to say that!
    Or they are saying "We've actually done this but we're not telling you we have"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I am taking the same approach as I did the first movie, mainly due to the quality of people in charge of it.

I don't like Bay and his style and the writers have proven to be the 'if it works at a financial level, rehash it' sort and that goes for their other non TF movies too.

The first movie was good but there was an awful lot of things that kept it from being something great, a huge part of it was Bay's style while the other was lazy writing or rehashed/cheap humor.

So the potential for something bad is still there as in the first movie as well as the potential for something 'ok' or at least good but not great but it could go either way but I doubt it will something truly great.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Anyone else unnerved by this?

I can see the third movie:

Sam gets a job and buys a house, mows the lawn on the weekends.

The transformers also get jobs, buy a warehouse to live in and mow the ener-grass and pull out the ener-weeds. And every year they all go the the accountant and do their taxes.

Then the ending is where they're all playing bingo in the old folks home, and instad of peeing on s7 agents, bumblebee just pees all over himself. The end.
    lol. I wouldn't at all be surprised at this rate..

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I think you hit the nail on the head Kup!

The problem with these guys is that they seem to be trying to make "Transformers" in to something it's not!

i think it wouldve been cool if the dinobots were man-made transformers which wouldve explained the robo dino modes and their personality

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am taking the same approach as I did the first movie, mainly due to the quality of people in charge of it.

I don't like Bay and his style and the writers have proven to be the 'if it works at a financial level, rehash it' sort and that goes for their other non TF movies too.

The first movie was good but there was an awful lot of things that kept it from being something great, a huge part of it was Bay's style while the other was lazy writing or rehashed/cheap humor.

So the potential for something bad is still there as in the first movie as well as the potential for something 'ok' or at least good but not great but it could go either way but I doubt it will something truly great.
    I think that the main thing keeping the first movie back was that they were introducing the robots from the human perspective, so you had a bunch of humans who were now being overshadowed by giant robots, and giant robots who had inferior character development to the humans (i.e. none).

That and the humour. Yeah, Bay, I don't see why masturbation references are in a family movie.

When I inevitably see RotF, I'm just going to go in crossing my fingers for giant robot action.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    That and the humour. Yeah, Bay, I don't see why masturbation references are in a family movie.
    Or Bumblez p#ssing on that Sector 7 person...