Page 13 of 481 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I think if you are willing to give up on the hobby in the short term, you will gain much more in the longterm. Several years back I sold 75% of my collection (TFs, Macross, Gundams etc....) to get a deposit for an investment property. And now 7 years later, the money I make from it goes towards paying it off and allows me a little extra to pay for my hobby now. Short term loss, long term gains.

This is what i was thinking. The property is relatively cheap compared to most but on the same token im a low income earner with 4 kids. So its a pretty big deal which i hope will benefit me in the long term.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Get them to throw that in! That's an excellent TF sighting!

I'm in the potential apartment buyer category too. It's not really a vent thing though, it's something it seems worthy of discussing in it's own thread perhaps.
    It is indeed a great sighting. But unfortunately the apartment itself ain't that great

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I think if you are willing to give up on the hobby in the short term, you will gain much more in the longterm. Several years back I sold 75% of my collection (TFs, Macross, Gundams etc....) to get a deposit for an investment property. And now 7 years later, the money I make from it goes towards paying it off and allows me a little extra to pay for my hobby now. Short term loss, long term gains.
    Now that does give hope! Just hope that the apartment I buy will one day become a good investment...

I don't think its worth starting a new thread. So I'm gonna continue venting here.... Its very frustrating that there is hardly anything decent out there atm. There just seems to be a mass of crappy apartments that have been on the market for way too long. And what makes it even more frustrating is that when a nice one comes into the market you get these impulse buyers who think more with their heart then their head and they offer way more then its worth and they make it way to easy for the real estate agents. They think that just coz they've got the 1st home buyers grant they have more to spend or they can borrow more. Its ridiculous! Don't even get me started with the chinese international students who have craploads of money from their rich parents overseas and for whom price doesn't matter.
    Last edited by sanbot; 29th July 2009 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    I think its about time to buy a house (going to look at one tommorrow).

Its pretty scary really but i feel it is the best decision for the family. Life has been pretty cushy until now and im a little nervous about tightening the belt.

My collecting's probably going to suffer unfortunately too- not taking this concept very well...
    I recentley bought a place, paying about $850 a fortnight on repayments, and will do for the next 30 years. Doesnt leave me with alot, but I will still buy tfs, just not as many
    I pay the mortgage, my fiance pays for most other things, and hopefully she will get more hours soon. And I will hopefully be getting a higher paying job as well.

I's tough, but I'm sure you'll be right

Quote Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
    I'm getting a puppy from my cousin's friend, and every time I ring up to ask when I can pick the dog up, she always says in another week. I've rang 3 times, and every time she says In a couple of days, then it's a week ect. The dogs are 8 Weeks old, and have finished drinking thier mother's milk. I don't see why it's taking so long
    Maybe the puppies are too cute and she can't bear to let them go.

What kind of breed are they? Maybe you can just pop by say you wanna have a look at them just to see how they are going? Don't forget to post a pic when you get him/her, I'm a dog person too.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Bought the Watchmen on Blu-ray only to find out we didn't get the directors cut! What a pile of crap! that'll learn me to buy local!

I saw this and thought I'd share it with the other potential home buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Bought the Watchmen on Blu-ray only to find out we didn't get the directors cut! What a pile of crap! that'll learn me to buy local!
    The last article I read said that the Director's Cut isn't coming until later in the year. The trick is not to buy a DVD too early. I'm still waiting on a Director's Cut of Kill Bill to come one day.

The last article I read said that the Director's Cut isn't coming until later in the year. The trick is not to buy a DVD too early.
    I made the mistake of assuming we'd get it since it was released in the US. They only got the DC on Blu-ray and DVD, no theatrical cut. It seems the UK also got shafted, we just got the same disks as them, shame. I guess I'll wait for the uber 4 hour cut and import that

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Maybe the puppies are too cute and she can't bear to let them go.

What kind of breed are they? Maybe you can just pop by say you wanna have a look at them just to see how they are going? Don't forget to post a pic when you get him/her, I'm a dog person too.
    I'm finally getting him tomorrow! He's a Australian Silky Terrier, and I have decided to name him Hamish. I know, I didn't name him after a transformer
    I'll take pics and post them tomorrow afternoon.
    "Ding-a-ling, come out and get yo ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass-whoopin" - Skids and Mudflap

I saw this and thought I'd share it with the other potential home buyers

OMG- its me in that cartoon!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

On the topic of housing vents, I just ferried over from Tassie yesterday to check out houses for a few days, I get into Deakin uni Burwood about half past 11, see a great house ad being put up ($110 a week inc. bills and internet - bargain and according to the guy putting them up it's not even that overcrowded!) and call the landlady, only to find out it's just been filled.
    If only I hadn't just missed the bus from Box Hill, if only my friend who lives next to Burwood campus had been able to put me up for a few days, if only I'd come over one day sooner...if only if only if only.*sigh*