Page 23 of 481 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Came oh so close over the weekend to purchasing a townhouse (was gonna sign the contract) but pulled out last minute because we found some issues with the place.

Oh the disappointment!

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Came oh so close over the weekend to purchasing a townhouse (was gonna sign the contract) but pulled out last minute because we found some issues with the place.

Oh the disappointment!
    Townhouses are usually rubbish anyway. And houses are too damn expensive. You could be lucky however and find a gem that is in your price range, so dont give up on it.

can someone please tell me why today is such a blue cold monday!!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    The wind changed, no more hot air from the west. It's back to "normal" for this time of year again.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

thats because you live in Melbourne

Because it's the last day of winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Were they actually expecting you to pay for it or did the funding get cut back?

Sucks either way tho
    My boss apparently will cover for me now out of his own research funding. Now because it is not my "own money" (money allocated to me officially by the university), I don't have much say in how I plan my trip. And I feel much less inclined to ask him if I can have my return flight booked a couple of days after the end of the conference (and that I'd pay for all additional expenses). If I mention I'd pay for additional expenses he'll ask me hey Kyle why don't you help pay for the actual conference trip yourself? So it looks like I won't be stopping by Sydney or Melbourne to visit friends this time. I think I'll still visit Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Townhouses are usually rubbish anyway. And houses are too damn expensive. You could be lucky however and find a gem that is in your price range, so dont give up on it.
    Really? Why do you think town houses arn't good?

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Really? Why do you think town houses arn't good?
    Maybe I'm being over generalising, but the ones I went and looked at before when I needed a place to go, were run down pieces of...
    Maybe it was just out west

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Maybe I'm being over generalising, but the ones I went and looked at before when I needed a place to go, were run down pieces of...
    Maybe it was just out west
    You gotta have to look more than a dozen houses to really find a gem as 1Azrael! said... most townhouses end up dilapidated coz the owners tend to rent these, and well, most renters ........
    Im just lucky with my townhouse coz the previous renters were really good keepers so even ythough mine didnt have any development whatsoever Im fine with it so long as I didnt have to shell out anything for any repairs at all once I moved in. it was just about 6-8 years old and basically a blank canvass which is what i was after so i can repaint it to whatever color i wanted and add any development as I prefer. A plus for me was it is near the train station & post/shops & school & GPs(10-15 min walk) and Im attached only to 1 neighbor, Im in the very middle of the compound, no other house is blocking my house's view as well ( not that there's much of a view). But this is like the tenth house I had to look at when I was searching... it aint fun at all around that time I just wanted to get it over with but at the same time I wanted to get what I paid for....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]