Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 283843444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbs View Post
    Robotkingdom. I don't think there was anything unique about the delivery, same as every other MP I've got from them.
    They do sometimes check things because a sniffer dog says there is something it when it's fine, basically a false positive. I had a box of DVD's checked once about a decade ago.

Anyway I haven't checked this thread in months. Is MP-36 ok to get through the mail without the required form? I'm thinking about putting an order in for the HK reissue since I'm looking at getting a refund on the one I ordered from they that shall not be named.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is MP-36 ok to get through the mail without the required form? I'm thinking about putting an order in for the HK reissue since I'm looking at getting a refund on the one I ordered from they that shall not be named.
    An earlier post had no issue getting it into Melbourne, it was held up and inspected by customs only. I've ordered mine from here, after getting a charge back probably, from the same place as you

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    They do sometimes check things because a sniffer dog says there is something it when it's fine, basically a false positive. I had a box of DVD's checked once about a decade ago.

Anyway I haven't checked this thread in months. Is MP-36 ok to get through the mail without the required form? I'm thinking about putting an order in for the HK reissue since I'm looking at getting a refund on the one I ordered from they that shall not be named.
    There has been no reports so far of seizures, if I were you LTC would be a better option, as its rare for customs to check local parcels, and if LTC lose their shipment good chance you'll get refunded rather than "oh customs took ours and we need your money to cover the loss sorry".

Can try HK sellers if you wish, they don't check EVERY thing in customs, but the risk is higher if you wish to go without the form

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You can direct to me and pay shipping to you. But my form is valid till November.

I got my B709A from the Queensland Police so if Customs decides between now and whenever in Q4 RK gets their stock of Megatron I'm covered.

For anyone that wants to use the online form as opposed to filling out actual paperwork I put "Replica Category H firearms, legal to own without a permit" in the legal authority section and that is good enough for them.

From my interaction with the folks there they must actually get enough enquiries from collectors about Megatrons that as soon as you say "Megatron" they know exactly what you are talking about.

If we ever get a MP Browning I hope they are just as accommodating for that.

I'm seeing some talk online about a third party human sized replica of Optimus Prime's blaster.
    Link: https://m-deck.com/products-e1000-1/
    Some people are voicing concerns that in Australia we'd need a license to own this, but would we really?
    I mean it doesn't look like a real gun in my opinion, just a sci fi robot gun, but what do the experts here have to say?

Common sense applies. It doesn’t replicate any real-world gun and won’t be mistaken as such, any more than a nerf gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Common sense applies. It doesn’t replicate any real-world gun and won’t be mistaken as such, any more than a nerf gun.
    this.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Okay, facts over opinions.

Scifi guns can be classified as imitation firearms too and can also fall under the same restrictions that imitation firearms fall under. Don't blame me, I don't make these laws!!! But this is why in 2011, the Megatron Club also covers other scifi weapons like Star Wars and Bladerunner guns.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Overreacting? I don’t know but is not really a problem until someone brings authority to attention for no reason.

Why not nerf gun? Heck that shoots as well.