Page 504 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 484494499500501502503504505506507508509514524 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Aw. It's a door prize, one-off custom FrenzyRumble repaint of an original FlyWheels. Still, I'd prefer to buy this with its custom early 90s box over the BotCon Overlord.

Ah ok I see. For some reason I had misunderstood that this was a mass produced toy based on FrenzyRumble's custom.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    http://blog-imgs-22.fc2.com/p/o/t/po...1125000949.jpg
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...isarashi2.html
    Bunch of PVC figurines. Nothing spectacular (I have Bumblebee who stands under my monitor at work, and some of the bottle caps who sit on my Pepsi Convoy's trailer). If you can find 'em cheap, then go for it, but I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars for each one. They're just little PVC figurines with zero play value (nothing more than decoration). Arguably the most interesting piece in the set is the alternate hand for Masterpiece Convoy that comes with a crouching Spike figurine. But honestly, MP10 has since made that redundant since it comes with a Spike figure (w/ basic articulation and better interactivity since he can stand or sit inside Optimus Prime or Roller etc. whereas the PVC figurine is completely non-poseable). And of course, Hasbro's MP10 is slated to come out at Australian Toys R Us stores soon... so I'd personally just wait for that. <shrug>
    Not really.

The bottle-cap Spike and hand is for the prior MP Prime.

So if you have that Prime, then that set is a nice little value add-on for it. It's a lot cheaper than paying $150+ just for a Spike.

A couple of bucks and goes with the Prime most people have, in one way or another (probably more than a couple of bucks now, but still) vs buying a whole new scaled Prime for minimum $150 just to get a Spike.

That's what he said. Which is why he then said the (later) MP10 Convoy/Optimus now makes that PVC pair as "redundant"... redundant meaning it was referring to the the earlier MP Convoy/Optimus.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's what he said. Which is why he then said the (later) MP10 Convoy/Optimus now makes that PVC pair as "redundant"... redundant meaning it was referring to the the earlier MP Convoy/Optimus.
    I read it as the Spike figurine being the redundant item there.

Sorry but I still read it that way? Meh, I'll check it later when my brains not as foggy.

Does anyone know what's in The Town Commander Collection Book? Is it a freebie booklet with images of the Japanese town commanders or something more than that.

Maybe it details those towns, like a travel/tourist guide? Even though each of those toys could be produced (without the new heads & weapons), I haven't heard anything about it happening... so maybe the book features images & bios of those characters, along with info on each of the towns they are named after.
    Perhaps keep an eye on tfwiki, as it may mention something about it, whenever the book gets released.

My wife seems to think the booklet is a freebie you can choose to take when buying one of the town TF's. You also get a sticker so she thinks the book is probably like a stamp book (over here, most tourist locations have a stamp station so you can keep a record of everywhere you've been). Only one town/shop is relatively close to me right now, but unfortunately not close enough

Ive been reading at tfw that the "asia exclusives" generation figures are going to be sold in the US by TRU. Does this mean, or does anybody know if our local TRU here in Aus are going to sell them as well?... sorry if this query was asked earlier or in another thread already , just too lazy to look.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    My wife seems to think the booklet is a freebie you can choose to take when buying one of the town TF's.
    That would be great if the town Primes are actually going to be for sale. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Ive been reading at tfw that the "asia exclusives" generation figures are going to be sold in the US by TRU. Does this mean, or does anybody know if our local TRU here in Aus are going to sell them as well?... sorry if this query was asked earlier or in another thread already , just too lazy to look.
    If that's the case then someone in the marketing department needs to look up the definition of the word "exclusive".
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain