Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Cybertron Con 2016 announced for China in July

But wait, there's MORE:

Hisashi was cool to watch. Every time someone would meet him with their opened figure he would take it, correctly transform it, test it's limbs or whatever with a loving look in his face before signing it.

Megatron was on display in the Titans Return area near the "new and coming soon" toy display.

Bumblebee was at the front entrance of the 'con.

Megatron was also in slightly smaller than life-size tank mode.

Arcee was representing the gals.

The wall art around the display area of the con was amazing.

Crowds around some of the displays. This was the G1 1984 - 1986 area.

Beast Wars got a lot of love.

Movie toys also had a fair few cabinets.

They didn't allow any KO's/3P but they did have a small display of customised figures.
    Don't worry Gok - I will post some close up pics of shelves in cabinets tomorrow for ya so you can all see what types of figures were on display.

A company copying the BAPE style with their licensed Transformers wear. Around AU$50 for a t-shirt.

An Optimus night light. They had a few odd things on sale. But this next one took the cake!

Look carefully folks... and that's OFFICIALLY licensed merch I might add!

There was a fan art competition and these were some of the entries:

I met John Barber. I stupidly left the comic I was going to get him to sign in HK.

I also met Walter Gatus and Josh Feldman.
    Walter is responsible for all the character designs in RID, especially the Decepticons. At his panel he talked about one of the Decepticons in the new season who was originally based on a Rhino but ended up being based on an Ankylosaurus so they could give Grimlock his long awaited back story.
    Josh Feldman runs all of Transformers media from Movies through to cartoons. I would have loved to have some more time talking to Josh although I did tell him how much my kids hate the current RID Bumblebee and love the animalistic Decepticon designs. He wanted to talk too but the line waiting to meet him was just too long.

Official sticker sets for the event. They cost RMB5 per sheet.

Another official sticker set. This one cost RMB20.

Official poster set (8). It cost RMB80.

Tomorrow time permitting I will post pictures from some of the toy displays.
    Videos will take a little longer I'm afraid so may not be till later next week.
    Last edited by Bladestorm; 5th August 2016 at 01:05 AM.

Megatran Guest

Awesome Bladestorm. Thanks for sharing.

I need to get my hands on that giant Optimus statue ... and that Flash-Dick.

Lol at Hot Rod's Wolverine impersonation.

Thanks for sharing Bladestorm's! Sounds like you and your daughter had a great time.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sorry for the delay. As promised here are photos of the toy collection on display. I'll only post a couple here but I have put many more up in my Cybertroncon album you are welcome to look at. The transformers toy display photos are on page 2.

Additionally, I've finally got a second video made which is basically a walk around of the recently released and upcoming Titans Returns figures and the 1986 platinum sets.

As I get time I will slowly add more videos.

First Peter Cullen video is finally up.

This video is of the panel that took place on Saturday the 29th July 2016.
    If anyone can translate what the woman asks in Mandarin at the 21:54 mark that stops the open floor questions I would LOVE to know what was said.

At this panel as you'll see Peter was also presented with a birthday cake.

More still to come as time permits...

Awesome, thanks for sharing Bladestorm, much appreciated. you got some quality time with Mr Cullen there, quite jealous
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post

Another official sticker set. This one cost RMB20.
    I would have snapped up a couple of those sticker sets. 1984's Autobot box art is still a favourite thing (but how did two 1985 bots sneak on there )

I've finally had time to upload Peter Cullen's Sunday panel from cybertroncon. Apologies for taking so long with these but it's a bit busy here atm.

We were much closer for this panel so much easier to hear Peter talk although I once again apologise for my shakey hands. I know next time to take a tripod with me.