Page 459 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 439449454455456457458459460461462463464469479 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    What's Energon Rodimus' articulatuon like? Is it a good figure overall?
    It's not abysmal, but like most Energon Autobots, certain elements are sacrificed for the sake of potential 'Powerlinxing'. His head can't really turn, his legs are fairly blocky, his 'wings'/heels can come off somewhat easily and he looks hollow from behind like the unfilmed side of a movie set.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't like Energon Rodimus much.

But then again, I also don't like Classics Rodimus much.

My pick for that sorta size would be the Titanium version.

Titanium Rodimus Rocks!

I'm not a fan of Titanium Rodimus - overall I'm not a fan of Titanium Series. Those figures aren't designed by Takara engineers and - IMO - it shows. Although the idea of incorporating the trailer into the robot is ambitious... but yeah, not a fan of Ti Series. I find all of them to be cumbersome to play with too.

Energon Rodimus is a fair figure but a lot of its limitations are due to the sacrifices made for the Powerlinxing gimmick. Unfortunately it was during the time when Hasbro put gimmicks in front of engineering (Armada was arguably worse - but Cybertron was generally better). I like Classics Rodimus; not the greatest Classics toy, but he's a reasonably solid Deluxe figure.

Why do the universe 2.0 Insecticons have different names then original release?
    Bombshell - Hardshell
    Kickbakc - Kickback
    Shrapnell - Sharpshot

I looked on TFwiki but they didn't say

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Bombshell - Hardshell
    Kickbakc - Kickback
    Shrapnell - Sharpshot

Lost trademarks, or the term is too generic nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm not a fan of Titanium Rodimus - overall I'm not a fan of Titanium Series. Those figures aren't designed by Takara engineers and - IMO - it shows. Although the idea of incorporating the trailer into the robot is ambitious... but yeah, not a fan of Ti Series. I find all of them to be cumbersome to play with too.

Energon Rodimus is a fair figure but a lot of its limitations are due to the sacrifices made for the Powerlinxing gimmick. Unfortunately it was during the time when Hasbro put gimmicks in front of engineering (Armada was arguably worse - but Cybertron was generally better). I like Classics Rodimus; not the greatest Classics toy, but he's a reasonably solid Deluxe figure.
    You'll forgive me for not caring that the grown man finds them difficult to play with.

Some of them are great. Hell, War Within Prime is better than my Palisades statue of him, and was a fraction of the price.

I also rate others highly, like Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Prowl. We got some great figures we wouldn't otherwise had had.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Bombshell - Hardshell
    Kickbakc - Kickback
    Shrapnell - Sharpshot

They mention it on their individual pages, that it's due to trademark issues (as in, after a period of non-usage, they lose names).

Bombshell
    Shrapnel
    Kickback

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    You'll forgive me for not caring that the grown man finds them difficult to play with.

Some of them are great. Hell, War Within Prime is better than my Palisades statue of him, and was a fraction of the price.

I also rate others highly, like Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Prowl. We got some great figures we wouldn't otherwise had had.
    Love all of them...Well Soundwave was not that great. But that Rodimus was one of the best.

I believe Goks problem with Soundwave was the crotch/cock piece area. I have no issue with it, although I admit it can stand out a little, so I made mine shorter for proportions sake.