Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by verboten82 View Post
    Just received issue 1,2,3 today . I explicitly said send from issue 2onwards, but they sent all 3. they billed me for issue 1 and 2 ($20)
    I think they are set shipments of two issues (with the first being 3 issues), so maybe they can't start from a single issue?
    (it would be nice to get proper answers from them, instead of a cut-and-paste of their FAQ to questions I didn't ask... )

Is the spine different on Volume 6? Does it have a smaller black box at the top where the number is printed, that matches the size of the other two volumes? In the UK, they reprinted and resent out volume 6 because of that small little sizing difference on the spine.
    It was done for free over in the UK (both in-store and to subscribers)... but I guess they were able to make a little money back on it here by bundling it with the first shipment and charging for it (even if you ask to start from the second issue).

Quote Originally Posted by verboten82 View Post
    Just received issue 1,2,3 today . I explicitly said send from issue 2onwards, but they sent all 3. they billed me for issue 1 and 2 ($20)

Also got the keychains and the wallet
    Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Just received my three. I wish they were released in chronological order but it's such a nostalgia trip to read Target 2006 today
    hmmmm, nothing here yet. Hopefully its just because I live fairly remotely and there is no problem with my order or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    hmmmm, nothing here yet. Hopefully its just because I live fairly remotely and there is no problem with my order or anything.
    Yeah mine's due today...

Received mine today and also got billed for an issue #1 I didn't ask for. The spine is different to the one I got from the newsagent.

Also, whoever was in charge of the wallet's design sure does have a thing for UK Magnus, not that I'm complaining.

How are people's corners?...

I'm away, but apparently mine are at home, posted in a flimsy bag with holes whee the book corners would have been rubbing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post

I'm away, but apparently mine are at home, posted in a flimsy bag with holes whee the book corners would have been rubbing stuff
    My 3 issues with gifts arrived safely, but a few of the actual pages of issue 1 hadn't been cut properly in a corner, and were still attached together i.e couldn't be opened. Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    My 3 issues with gifts arrived safely, but a few of the actual pages of issue 1 hadn't been cut properly in a corner, and were still attached together i.e couldn't be opened. Unbelievable
    If you like you can call or email Bissett and explain to them what's happened and most likely you will get sent a replacement free of charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post

Yeah this is something I mentioned earlier, that I have a bit of a problem with the way Bissett mails things out to people. I understand the whole "but it's free shipping" argument but while it might be fine to mail cheap paper magazines in plastic bags it's not acceptable for a hardcover book that costs $20 per issue. It shold at least be sent in a tough or padded bag, not wrapped in plastic.

Was hoping it had changed since last time I used them a few years back but I guess it hasnt. I might try and just see if a local newsagent can get them in each fortnight instead, sure I'll miss the free gifts but the book will get to me in better condition

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    If you like you can call or email Bissett and explain to them what's happened and most likely you will get sent a replacement free of charge
    Nah, was just making a fuss... it's not a problem

Mine arrived okay, but the bag was pretty flimsy. I'd gladly pay a premium for a box or padded envelope. Maybe if enough people complain, they will change shipping method?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Mine arrived okay, but the bag was pretty flimsy. I'd gladly pay a premium for a box or padded envelope. Maybe if enough people complain, they will change shipping method?
    A group complaint may be a good idea?