Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

This is for online subscribers - had a response back from my email:
    "We do ask that you allow at least 21 days for your first delivery to arrive, due to processing and packing time. Issues 1 – 3 are scheduled to be dispatched on the 8th September.
    Each issue costs $19.99 inc GST (except for Part 1, which is $7.99 inc GST and Part 2, which is $12.99 inc GST). Dispatches are run approximately every 28 days. Charges processed 5 – 10 days after a dispatch."
    Woohoo!

I ordered online and am pretty sure I selected credit card payment, but today got a letter from them for direct debit details. I did find their online ordering system pretty bad, no detailed "confirmation" screen, no automatically account created and no option to create an account during the transaction. Have to check what they emailed me compared to the paper letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I ordered online and am pretty sure I selected credit card payment, but today got a letter from them for direct debit details. I did find their online ordering system pretty bad, no detailed "confirmation" screen, no automatically account created and no option to create an account during the transaction. Have to check what they emailed me compared to the paper letter.
    That doesn't sound good.
    I asked a heap of questions about the series, and doing multiple subscriptions (for Americans who are interested), and they gave a cut and paste of what looked like FAQ answers from a website somewhere... including the bit that Jazzman posted above.
    In other words, they couldn't answer my questions, and it sounds like their online subscription system in Australia is severely flawed, considering this is a company that looks like it has been doing subscriptions for a while.

Well I checked the email they sent me after I subscribed and all it said was

You will receive further information about your collection with your first despatch.
    No details of my payment method (or that I was starting with issue 2) but at least the letter I got gave me my customer code so I can create an account on their website now.

Edit: Their website needs a usability review. The sign up/membership forms are awful. And I've signed in, linking my subscription, and it tells me I have no subscription. Going to have to give them a call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That doesn't sound good.
    I asked a heap of questions about the series, and doing multiple subscriptions (for Americans who are interested), and they gave a cut and paste of what looked like FAQ answers from a website somewhere... including the bit that Jazzman posted above.
    In other words, they couldn't answer my questions, and it sounds like their online subscription system in Australia is severely flawed, considering this is a company that looks like it has been doing subscriptions for a while.
    Eek that's a worry... Well, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. In 2 days we'll see if the Despatch Info has changed for a start.

Well I checked the email they sent me after I subscribed and all it said was

No details of my payment method (or that I was starting with issue 2) but at least the letter I got gave me my customer code so I can create an account on their website now.

Edit: Their website needs a usability review. The sign up/membership forms are awful. And I've signed in, linking my subscription, and it tells me I have no subscription. Going to have to give them a call tomorrow.
    Never had any problems with the subscription itself, Paulbot - other than the website being hard to navigate. But an account was created on signup, and "active" status was displayed for my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Never had any problems with the subscription itself, Paulbot - other than the website being hard to navigate. But an account was created on signup, and "active" status was displayed for my subscription.
    That neither of those happened for me meant something went wrong. But they still sent me an email and a letter so I'm in their system somewhere.

Issue two is out in newsagents now ($12.99) for anyone that hasnt subscribed yet.
    For those interested issue 02 is volume 36 and contains Spotlight: Shockwave, Spotlight: Soundwave, Stormbringer 1-4, Spotlight: Nightbeat, Spotlight: Hot Rod.
    Going to have another quality comparison PB? The last one was very informative
    Last edited by DarkHyren; 7th September 2017 at 09:40 PM.

Yeah I picked up Issue 2 today. Read the Spotlight:Shockwave. Shockwave took down all 5 dinobots by himself! Since when did the Dinobots become so weak? I can understand Devastator being a tough ask but Shockwave?

I spoke to my local newsagent and as a general rule they get the first 3 issues of a series as standard. in. Beyond that, they are happy to keep ordering in if you ask them to. Pay as each issue arrives, they will hold each issue for up to 1 month and you can cancel any time.

I think I'll do that rather than subscribe - website sounds a bit dodgy.

That neither of those happened for me meant something went wrong. But they still sent me an email and a letter so I'm in their system somewhere.
    I got the e-mail, but no letter, nor anything about signing up for an account on their website.
    Can't link a subscription either because I don't have a number.