View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

28 65.12%
  • Good

10 23.26%
  • Passable

3 6.98%
  • Terrible

2 4.65%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm liking the game so far... but for some reason I can't describe it's not enthralling me like WFC did. <shrug> Maybe because I started playing WFC while I was on holidays, but not so with FoC (I did a butt load of marking before I bought this game tonight to free up my evening... so maybe my brain is just too numbed to properly take this game in ).
    I know that feeling. Really wanted to play this today but I have a cold and my head is all ergh and every time I sit down to play it I just cant enjoy it. Really want to be able to play it tomorrow as its my last day free before I go back to work and want to just sit there and smash it out

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I liked the fist of doom too! Could see a fun mini-game there...
    Top idea That cut scene really got me wrapped up in it. I scared my wife during that scene. I was watching it and listening to Megatrons rant then I saw Metroplex rise up in the background and I sat up and yelled "Oh S##t yeah Megatron is gunna get his" or something like that and my wife, who wasn't paying attention to the game jumped back startled.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I finished the Vortex level last night before the wife unceremoniously kicked me off the TV (she's preggers - what can ya do?). I can sum up my feelings on the game with one example of gameplay (which should not give away any spoilers)

Finished talking to Brawl so transformed into a jet and flew across the massive space at top speed, strafing ground based units with my machine gun. Transformed to robot mode in mid-air and landed behind two bots who I bashed with my melee blade. Pulled out my riot cannon and started blasting other bots, then switched my firing-arm and my weapon to my downloaded shockwave cannon and used the energy bolas to take out some heavier missile-toting guys. Transformed to helicopter mode, flew up and started firing rockets at tank units. Flew down to the Teletraan 1 store, got some drones and had them keep the remaining bots off my back while I activated first of the levers.

This was all within 5 minutes of gameplay.

I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Top idea That cut scene really got me wrapped up in it. I scared my wife during that scene. I was watching it and listening to Megatrons rant then I saw Metroplex rise up in the background and I sat up and yelled "Oh S##t yeah Megatron is gunna get his" or something like that and my wife, who wasn't paying attention to the game jumped back startled.
    Ha ha! Yeh me too! I was all "Oh, ho ho ho...this ain't looking good for the Deceps" And on the first smash I was then all "THAT WAS AWESOME"

There is a lotta love in this game, I like logging into the Teletraan shops as Cliffjumper "Sorry Cliffjumper, Glass Gas is not available right now." The little quotes that rock up show some research as well, one had a little bit of information about the P.O.K.E, saying that the Punch of Kill Everything was still in development, because, well, it killed everything!

Ha ha ha! GOLD. Lugnut FTW

Got stuck on starscream, you need to evesdrop on shockwave Got up to finding swoop. I love grimlock just smash everything haha He his powerful and you feel that power.

The audiologs will be difficult to find

Smashed out some more yesterday, got stuck on the coronation section with Megatron. Why? Because I was having fun with the acid gun and that was the heavy weapon I got stuck with. The generators just kept giving me shields, which is great, but you still to shoot the enemies.

Finally knocked off the shotgun guys and those blasted jumpy punch guys rocked up. Great, but my two weapons were (again) the acid gun and the riot cannon. The riot cannon doesn't seem as effective against the jumpy guys. It made me RAGE so much. I died countless times, all because of those blasted generators not giving me something useful!!

Does anyone else think the riot cannon is a little bit over powered? I've stuck primarily with that for most of the campaign coz you don't even need to hit the enemy most of the time, just blast the ground and you can take out groups.

Starscream's level is fun! ha ha ha!

Passed the game on both sides. Overall if your a fan of tfs you will love this game. Loved soundwaves level! Just layback and chill Interesting how you keep changing sides at the end.

I find if you upgrade the guns to their total they work as effective as the riot cannon, also is it me or do some tfs perform better with certian guns?

Nuetron gun with full upgrades (P.O.K.E. beta!) is awesome, since it gives you a decent firearm and powerful melee - standard melee usually just knocks bots on their butt, but with P.O.K.E. it's a one-hit kill for most generic bots.

The Path Blaster with all upgrades (specifically the lucky shot I think its called) is an impressive beasty too!

I have enjoyed the weapons a lot in this game. Quite varied and mostly useful.

Except for the Corruptor. I still need to get all the blueprints too, not finished yet!

Enjoyed the game and did the Optimus ending.

And I must say the G1 movie references were very funny so hopefully there is a third game to continue the series.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.