Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Effect PE-XX

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Honestly, the only way I can see a 3rd party product eating into Hasbro's profits is if Hasbro's product is by far inferior than a 3rd party product.
    So if someone is making inferior use of their land, you'd go and steal a bit of it and put to better use? If someone has a brilliant idea at work, you steal it from them and profit from them?

I think superior/inferior are important to us as fans of product but we shouldn't confuse quality with trying to uphold some fragile moral highground.

But in any case, it comes down to personal choice whether you buy 3rd party products or not.
    I completely agree. But my many gripe is that we often have the same characters jumping out and down and crying wolf over how unjust or dirty some third party company is being.

It frustrates me to absolutely no end. Don't go whining about the practice when you support the very same practice that allows it to exist in the first place.

Fact is, Fansproject stuff, would you, me or anyone buy if it was not TF related? I'd suspect not. And therein lies the answer, we are only willing to support third party if it fills a gap in our collection/wants. That's a very convenient truth.

Frenzy/Rumble? Laserbeak? Bruticus? Springer? Proposed Broadside and Wreckgar?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am not going to get into an argument with you as it will just go in loops like it has happened in the past. You have a form of thinking and reasoning that is too different to mine.

Just note that I don't appreciate you coming in and calling people hypocrites just because we don't conform to your way of looking at things.

I will say however that FP's Collector is a different situation altogether than this Soundwave. Collector was announced about a year ago, perhaps more and the intention was to provide something that Hasbro was apparently not going to do.

How many Soundwaves has there been? Look at Music Label, that's been around for a couple of years now and how many Soundwaves after that?
    It's so presumptous don't you think that you somehow know someone's situation is different? Do you really, Kup? Do you really know what Hasbro/Takara have in their 2-3 year plans? Most organisations plan and strategise for a minimum of 5 years ahead. As a simple fan, you might not realise this but for those who have some business savvy would realise this. You don't know if Hasbro/Takara have planned for this so I think it's awfully disingenuous to play the "ignorance is bliss" card.

A way of thinking that allows you to judge what products are right and what products are morally wrong? I'm not.so sure either of us are in a very good position to do that b/c we buy and support third party products. I have no problem with you judging the quality of the product. Thats okay. Or even if you think there's enough Soundwaves.

But what I would appreciate is less of this high and mighty judgement on what is an "evil against fandom" third party item and what is a "good for mankind" third party item.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    I see, I guess everyone has different views about this... so im not goin to go forward and cont for an arugument since we all love tf and i see both side point of view. In my opinion I dont think this wouldnt affect Hastak profit. But if this figure is badass cool disregard who made it i will definetely buy it.
    I totally agree with your sentiment here. What we should do is focus on if we think its cool or not as a product.

Not trying to judge it from some sort of moral vantage point that none of us are fit to stand on when we start buying third party items.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Please keep the discussion on topic, by discussing the look, theme, purpose or even value of this item.
    Comments/assumptions about things that can't be proven one way or the other, should be avoided.
    And criticism of the legality/morality of unauthorised products probably should be left to those who don't buy *any* of them. (which rules me out...)

As a simple fan, you might not realise this but for those who have some business savvy would realise this. You don't know if Hasbro/Takara have planned for this so I think it's awfully disingenuous to play the "ignorance is bliss" card.
    "As a Simple fan" eh? So what are you, the superior aristocratic fan?

Thanks for making yourself very clear to me.
    Last edited by kup; 26th September 2010 at 03:38 PM.

I think this Soundwave will Rock! lets hope the quality of material is good

I think we should drop the moral posturing, and leave it as we agree to disagree.

Back to the topic at hand, if it looks good, I'll probably buy it. I love Soundwave, so any figures that Hasbro release (that I like) I will buy anyhow, so this figure won't affect Hasbro getting money from me.

I think we should drop the moral posturing, and leave it as we agree to disagree.

Back to the topic at hand, if it looks good, I'll probably buy it. I love Soundwave, so any figures that Hasbro release (that I like) I will buy anyhow, so this figure won't affect Hasbro getting money from me.
    i like the way you think brother disregard, soundwave is and always will be superior!

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    i like the way you think brother disregard, soundwave is and always will be superior!
    Agreed

Attachment 2720

My opinion, just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Agreed

Attachment 2720

My opinion, just sayin'
    EXCELLENT! I like that photo just gave me a brainstorm! il post photos

I'll buy it if its good. it doesnt stop me from buying tt/hasbro. i buy what i like and not most of those ugly ass bayformers.

I'm wondering if this soundwave will be a tank. the wfc cybertronian soundwave has a decent alt mode so im looking forward to seeing what this will be.

I personally thought it was just add-ons for the WFC Soundwave but from the remarks in this topic... I have to assume no.