Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Oh man, that is a seriously cool concept & figure if it actually sees the light of day within the next 30 years - I'd damn grab a Castle Greyskullman!

Jesus Christ, Castle Grayskullman is friggin' TERRIFYING.

I imagine hordes of those things pouring out of castle grayskull, screaming like Banshees and slaughtering Skeletor's minions as an absolute last defense.

*shudder.*

MOTUC 'reveals' as they happen....

http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego...nel-live-6051/

September - Mekaneck, Dragon Blaster Skeletor and the Snake Men two-pack.

October - Frosta, Rattlor (he still rattles!) and... some stickers, the new Weapons Pak and... um... Cy-Chop?

November - Dekker, Filmation King Randor and the aforementioned Castle Grayskullman.

December - Mosquitor, Procrustus (Hell yeah!), Temple of Darkness Sorceress and lame Granamyr.

The 2013 prices go up to $25 for a subscriber and $27 for pick and mixers.

January - Netossa and Ram Man (looking fantastically vintage, and extra-wide for $30).

February - Jitsu.

March - Fang Man. And King He-Man for the subcription figure (surprisingly fricking cool), who comes with a Skeletor origin minicomic and map of Subternia.

The second quarter we have the brilliant Fighting Foe-Men... Dittstoryer, Shield Maiden Sherrlyn and Dawg-O-Tor - all based on vintage vehicles and their pilots - the model Roton pilot is one I've wanted since I was a kid.

We vote for the November figure - white astronaut Marlena, Evil Lyn in a cloak, Geldor, Minicomic Trap Jaw, Illumina, Songster, Camo Kahn or the demon from Masks Of Power.

The travelling convention exclusive is Strobo (squeee!) with Zodak's maskless head.

Okay, so the big highlights for me are Strobo, the Roton and Attak Trak pilots, Temple of Darkness Sorceress and Procrustus - toys I've always wanted which never existed. In terms of remakes, Ram Man is extremely well-done and Rattlor and Mekaneck are both fabulous. King He-Man is a strong sub exclusive. Cy-Chop, Dekker and Granamyr are the low points for me. Rating the new 'reveals' from best to worst, I'd say:

Strobo - 10
    Fighting Foe Men (Dittstoryer, Shield Maiden Sherrlyn and Dawg-O-Tor) - 9.5
    Procrustus - 9
    King He-Man - 8.5
    Ram Man - 8
    Rattlor - 7.5
    Jitsu - 7
    Castle Grayskullman - 6
    Netossa - 5
    Mosquitor - 4
    Eternos Palace King Randor - 3
    Fang Man - 2
    Granamyr - 1 (I just found out that he's not part of the subscription. Hurray!)
    Cy-Chop - 0.5
    Dekker - 0

For people who aren't familiar with the 'Fighting Foe Men', they're from the boxart of the Monogram MOTU kits, which were quite common at Aussie model shops back in the day:

http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...ID=561;sprID=1
    http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...ID=1;newID=563
    http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...ID=1;newID=562

My montage of the best 'reveals', thanks to http://www.toyark.com/

Last edited by Sky Shadow; 14th July 2012 at 08:30 AM.

The line up isn't bad but I am not terribly impressed to go through the nightmare that is the sub again.

Frosta - Looks good, they improved the face from the prototype.

Rattlor - On the fence, will probably pass unless a new head or chest harness is added.

Higuchi's figure - Looks ok but not interested.

Dekker - Awesome! More 200x unique characters please!

Randor - Don't care, would not buy it but I am stuck with it.

Castle Grayskullman - Interesting and impressive.

Mosquitor - Lame! He should of had more 200x features. Plus the whole 'Pixel Dan & Scott Bromance' killed it for me.

Procustus - Don't know much about this character since I have not read the DC comic but I really do like the concept of him as an Eternian God.

Granamyr - Super lame.

Netossa - Don't know much about her but they should have gone with one of the more prominent PoP characters like the ever neglected Glimmer. At least she is not as obscure as the Pointless sisters and does add to the almost non-existing Great Rebellion numbers.

Ram-Man - Not bad, certainly an interesting sculpt. He looks like a giant Dwarf but don't like the closed eyes.

Jitsu - Looks really good.

Fang Man - Don't care for goofy Filmation characters.

Fighting Foe Men - Not interested.

Strobo - Not interested.

King He-Man - Looks good but not interested enough to get a sub for it.

Overall, some hits and some misses for me. 2012 had a stronger line up but even so, I got stuck with super poor customer service, Matty mistakes and a few lame figures that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

2013 seems good enough to Cherry Pick but certainly not good enough to get a sub. I am not impressed by the exclusive to go the extra mile like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Procustus - Don't know much about this character since I have not read the DC comic but I really do like the concept of him as an Eternian God.
    Procrustus was from the minicomic The Magic Stealer, that came with Mekaneck and 'The Original' Skeletor. He is awesome - pretty much Atlas to He-Man's Hercules:

Although the comic's much funnier in Spanish:

¡UUGGGG!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    screaming like Banshees
    Lol... was that a "Night of the Creeps" reference?

My thoughts...
    I love Rattlor, Ram Man & Procrustus! But then, they've always been figures I wanted in this line!

On the fence about Mosquitor and Jitsu. The rest are very meh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The second quarter we have the brilliant Fighting Foe-Men
    I'll admit... these are pretty interesting!

The 2013 prices go up to $25 for a subscriber and $27 for pick and mixers.
    This and the fact that Subbies buy before DOS buyers (so, stock could be sold out) will make me a far more picky cherry picker! Sub or die... thanks Scott... keep on pushing customers away!

Mosquitor - Lame! He should of had more 200x features. Plus the whole 'Pixel Dan & Scott Bromance' killed it for me.
    Right on! They're both trying way to hard and it's become sickening. Not sure if I trust Dan's reviews to be unbiased anymore!! God, even Scott was wearing one of Dan's "comparison time" shirts.

2013 seems good enough to Cherry Pick but certainly not good enough to get a sub.
    That's if there are figures available online of course... after the Subbies become Scalp-ors! Not to mention the whole new "won't refund lost items" for int customers scheme they're implementing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    That's if there are figures available online of course... after the Subbies become Scalp-ors! Not to mention the whole new "won't refund lost items" for int customers scheme they're implementing.
    They have literally killed the line for International customers with this. With the current pricing and ever decreasing quality and lack of QC, it was already questionable if collecting MOTUC was worth it.

Now that they have increased the price by $10 making each figure $40 with continuing to deteriorate material quality and QC, it is now a rip off if you are an International customer. On top of that, they spit in our faces by allowing subbers to 'pick the loot' before sales time making sure that the Cherry Pickers have almost no chance of getting the higher demand figures.

Looks like that's that for me and MOTUC. I may get one or two figures next year (assuming they don't get looted by the subbers) and that would be it.

Scott is literally the worse thing that has ever happened to MOTU and is sad to see how many people mindlessly support and apologize for him (and Mattel) despite so much abuse.

Procrustus was from the minicomic The Magic Stealer, that came with Mekaneck and 'The Original' Skeletor. He is awesome - pretty much Atlas to He-Man's Hercules:

Although the comic's much funnier in Spanish:

¡UUGGGG!
    Thanks!

I haven't bought a MOTUC since i was boned over by not receiving Bubble Power She-Ra & Swiftwind... Tho i like Jitsu and Ram Man of this bunch, i doubt i can bring myself to buy them. The prices are becoming ludicrous considering most of them are still running off existing tooling. The new TMNT classic figures have more articulation and are almost half the price from a smaller company!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I haven't bought a MOTUC since i was boned over by not receiving Bubble Power She-Ra & Swiftwind... Tho i like Jitsu and Ram Man of this bunch, i doubt i can bring myself to buy them. The prices are becoming ludicrous considering most of them are still running off existing tooling. The new TMNT classic figures have more articulation and are almost half the price from a smaller company!
    They are clearly scalping and trying to pass it off as 'production costs'. We have seen enough dodginess from Mattel to know that they are not above that.