Thread: New Rescue Bots toys revealed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Rescue Bots toys revealed

The new Rescue Bots cartoon isn't expected to start until 2019, and toys for that cartoon aren't likely to come out until then as well, so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that Hasbro will still be releasing Rescue Bots toys during that year gap.

Three new ones just found on the Entertainment Earth site, include Epic Optimus (the last of the main cast to be released as a non-transforming Epic toy), a "Rescan" Heatwave as a race car (like the Flip Racer Heatwave race car), and an unknown Bumblebee called "Rescue Guard" (probably another unusual one like the Dragon Bumblebee from 2017).
    The Rescan wave also has the Optimus from the 2016 trailer set on its own, which looks to be exactly the same as the 2016 release.

I saw that Brushfire and Optimus Prime at Kmart yesterday (sorry if this isn't news - I don't really follow Rescue Bots)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I saw that Brushfire and Optimus Prime at Kmart yesterday (sorry if this isn't news - I don't really follow Rescue Bots)
    It's possible... as Entertainment Earth says a January release, and Amazon America had Optimus on there yesterday... and we can sometimes get the Rescue Bots early here.
    Unfortunately, Brushfire was first released three waves ago, which showed up here around June, so that doesn't help as an indicator. (and the Optimus could be a different truck version from an older wave, or the light blue one from two waves ago)
    Seeing Heatwave the race car would be confirmation though.

On a related note, it was mentioned at the beginning of December, the larger sized transforming Rescue Bots, were not being released in America... and one new mould (Salvage) may not be produced at all.

This is the larger size from the first three years of Rescue Bots, before the smaller "rescan" transforming toys came in 2014. Then at the end of 2016, some of the first year toys were re-released (Bumblebee and Heatwave were found in Hong Kong - maybe some others too), along with the new mould High Tide toy.
    I thought that I saw it once on Amazon America, but according to the Seibertron news posting, they won't be released in America. (and we didn't have them released here in Australia either)

I almost didn't buy High Tide when I saw it in HK in November 2016, thinking that it might be cheaper on Amazon, or show up here... but lucky I did, as it probably didn't get released outside of Asia, and people are now selling it for US$100 on ebay (from it's US$10-15 retail price just a year ago).

Another Rescue Bots toy for 2018, revealed from a proven reliable source - Tango Optimus... which uses the same codename (Tango) that the dragon Nightwatch Bumblebee used, suggesting another one-off big sized toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another Rescue Bots toy for 2018, revealed from a proven reliable source - Tango Optimus... which uses the same codename (Tango) that the dragon Nightwatch Bumblebee used, suggesting another one-off big sized toy.
    An image of the "Tango Optimus" has been leaked, showing that it is indeed like the Nightwatch Bumblebee toy (which also had the Tango codename), with a T-Rex Optimus paired up with two dinosaur minicons.

Three new ones just found on the Entertainment Earth site, include Epic Optimus (the last of the main cast to be released as a non-transforming Epic toy)
    This Optimus toy has now been found in America at retail... and it was noted that there was an earlier "Epic" Optimus toy, but that was the really big one that was almost 50cm tall, which is way bigger than these 30cm toy

A new Rescue Bots multi-pack has been found on Amazon, with a "reissue" of three toys that were first released in the first year of Rescue Bots in 2011.
    The first year of transforming toys were a little larger than the current "rescan" ones, and the three in this pack are Optimus, Chase and Heatwave.
    Each have their third year Energize weapons, but Optimus and Chase have the weapons redecoed to silver (from translucent blue).
    In addition to that, only Heatwave and Chase are the Energize versions, while Optimus is the original, non-Energize version.

The 3-pack is US$45, which I think the originals were $15 each.
    Since the 4-pack from 2 years ago didn't come here, this one is unlikely to show up here either.

Three new ones just found on the Entertainment Earth site, include Epic Optimus (the last of the main cast to be released as a non-transforming Epic toy), a "Rescan" Heatwave as a race car (like the Flip Racer Heatwave race car), and an unknown Bumblebee called "Rescue Guard" (probably another unusual one like the Dragon Bumblebee from 2017).
    The Rescan wave also has the Optimus from the 2016 trailer set on its own, which looks to be exactly the same as the 2016 release.

Entertainment Earth have now added official images for the Rescue Guard Bumblebee, which comes with two beast Minicons, and just like the Nightwatch Optimus and Bumblebee from the last two years, the two Minicons (a dog and a lion) convert into a weapon and shield.