Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Wheels

About 8 or 9 months ago, for some reason (I really don't know why ), I started collecting Hot Wheels. Here's everything that's arrived in the last 2-3 months...

I decided to get my hands on all of the 25th Anniversary re-issues...

A few normal ones...

Some worth a bit of money - Park N' Plates Cobra from '88, Speed Fleet GT Racer 1st Edition from '88, Collectors Club Real Riders Custom Volkswagen & a Spoiler Sport from '79

& being that I had all of the 25th Anniversary re-issues, I decided that it was about time that I got my hands on an original Redline from the '60s - I ended up with 4 of them

& if anyone would like to see the back of an original Redline compared to a re-issue...

Wow, where did you get those?

The HW packaging make it looks like a KO and cheap IMO.

The last I got was the BAT and Matchbox has a bigger size BAT. I want that Toyota AE-86.

Nice haul. I want that scooby doo and flint stones one. Bought myself a black Lamborghini Aventador the other day.( if only it was a real one)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Wow, where did you get those?

The HW packaging make it looks like a KO and cheap IMO.

The last I got was the BAT and Matchbox has a bigger size BAT. I want that Toyota AE-86.
    About 95% of that lot came from ebay. Which era of HW packaging are you referring to? Oh & if you're trying to find 2013 stuff, I'd definitely check out stores like Go-Lo, The Reject Shop, Crazy Clark's etc. For some reason, they get tonnes of HW's...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Nice haul. I want that scooby doo and flint stones one. Bought myself a black Lamborghini Aventador the other day.( if only it was a real one)
    Thanks Mate! & the thing is, My HWs are just my secondary collection (I've only got about 200-300 of them ). I've haven't seen either the Scooby van or Flintmobile locally - subsequently they're both being scalped hard on ebay...

I found the scooby van at target. Flinstones and scooby were at the parra fair.

I saw all those XB Falcons at the Parra Fair too (the guy on the stage right?). I can't believe that scalper wanted $10 a pop! I should have given him a piece of my mind... Talking about scalpers, Have you been to Sheriff's since they moved to Marayong? Have you seen the average price on one of their typical run-of-the-mill HW cars? $20! That's right - they actually think some people are thick enough to pay $20 for one HW car when you can jump on ebay & find the exact same MOSC example for $2-3. I've never bought a HW car from Sheriff's & I don't think I ever will...

Hey guys, I've never bought any Hot Wheels as an adult, but am very interested in a Green Mazda 2 for my dad (to match his actual car!). I've seen one on eBay for $20 including postage. Is that a fair price?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Hey guys, I've never bought any Hot Wheels as an adult, but am very interested in a Green Mazda 2 for my dad (to match his actual car!). I've seen one on eBay for $20 including postage. Is that a fair price?
    how old is the HW mazda2? if it's fairly recent, should be less than $10.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Sheep View Post
    I saw all those XB Falcons at the Parra Fair too (the guy on the stage right?). I can't believe that scalper wanted $10 a pop! I should have given him a piece of my mind... Talking about scalpers, Have you been to Sheriff's since they moved to Marayong? Have you seen the average price on one of their typical run-of-the-mill HW cars? $20! That's right - they actually think some people are thick enough to pay $20 for one HW car when you can jump on ebay & find the exact same MOSC example for $2-3. I've never bought a HW car from Sheriff's & I don't think I ever will...
    $10, that's already close to a Cars2 figure
    I've been there. But never looked at HW, just the TFs. Some are pricey, some aren't. I guess they really cater to collectors with lots of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I don't think it's a Hot Wheels. It's a Matchbox. As I a have seen these floating around at Woolies in the toy section. Should be $2.29 if you can find it as its over a year old I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    how old is the HW mazda2? if it's fairly recent, should be less than $10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I don't think it's a Hot Wheels. It's a Matchbox. As I a have seen these floating around at Woolies in the toy section. Should be $2.29 if you can find it as its over a year old I think.
    You're entirely right, it is a Matchbox. I'll have a look around a few of my locals before resorting to the eBay one as it's out of box already.

Thank you both!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!