Thread: Pin removal for TItans Return Windblade wings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pin removal for TItans Return Windblade wings

Hi there. On occasion I have done simple pin removals in order to better paint a toy (I really am rather amateur, and not experienced with customising). But they have been pins that have two sides (you can tap it from the correct side, it comes out the other).

What I want to do with Windblade is make a Slipstream with a painted shapeways face. But the wings are pointing the wrong direction, and I want to remove the pin attaching the wings then flip them 180 degrees. Should differentiate her from Windblade nicely.

Only catch is (and you probably need a TR Windblade to see it) there is a 'top' to the pin on her shoulders, but there is no hole at the bottom to tap it out. I am guessing it was just a single tap in at the factory.

So I thought I might be able to boil the plastic to loosen things up, but I still have no idea how to remove it. I even wondered if I got a really powerful electromagnet or rare earth one if I could 'suck' it out (that sounds sus, but you know what I mean). Is there a simpler (and nonobvious) way to do this without breaking Windblade?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

You could drill a hole at the closed end and just tap the pin out as normal, boiling the piece may warp or damage the plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    You could drill a hole at the closed end and just tap the pin out as normal, boiling the piece may warp or damage the plastic.
    This would be my advice as well. it will probably be very tricky, there must be a reason why the pin doesn't go all the way through.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    This is what I did with RTS/Universe Cyclonus when I wanted to invert his wings for a custom.

Much appreciated all! I don't know why I didn't think of drilling. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who tried wing inversion
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!