Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe

Default GI Joe

Hi all, I used to be a huge collector of GI Joe figures up until about 5 years ago, when I decided to call it quits. Recently though I have found myself buying the 25th Anniversary figures as they are really well done. They are slightly more poseable than the originals and alot more detailed when it comes to sculpting and paint work. So far I have been trying to keep them MISB, but just today a Storm Shadow I got from ebay arrived, he is loose but complete and I have found myself for the last 2 hours using the figure to attack my boxed Snake Eyes. I think its only a matter of time before I end up opening all these guys up

I was just wondering if anyone else from here collects GI Joe stuff

I used to have a couple of joes but I really don't need more toy lines to collect
    At the Parramatta fair there was a boxed Cobra Mamba which was seriously tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I used to have a couple of joes but I really don't need more toy lines to collect
    At the Parramatta fair there was a boxed Cobra Mamba which was seriously tempting.
    Wow to find a Mamba is pretty rare and boxed as well, how much where they asking for it ?

I collect Gi Joes, well sorta... mostly go for Cobra..There was also a 25th anniversary boxed set being sold there at Parramatta fair going for more than $100 so I didnt even bothered. It was with the black Cobracommander, Baroness, Destro, Storm Shadow, Zartan and Major Bludd I think. Someone had it in his hand looking at it when I heard the seller say the price... ooookaaaay lets just move along nothing to see. I do love the new modified figures, just shows that Archer really is a GiJoe fan. Thats why quality wise the GiJoes gets better love now than TFs. Wish they'd reissue the Cobra-La here, but then even the basic we didnt get to see here, unless its fron hobby shops, so its wishful thinking. You guys know any place that sells the figs in retail?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Wow to find a Mamba is pretty rare and boxed as well, how much where they asking for it ?
    I didn't ask, I thought it would be beyond what I had to spend anyway.

I collect Gi Joes to, mostly ones that were relevant to the original Marvel comic. I have a fair few 25th anniversary Joes (think there's a pic in an old thread somwhere). As nice as they look in the package there even cooler when you get them out. The Viper was the last one I opened. I have a fair amount of older Gi Joes to, though I am thinking of selling some of these and cutting the collection down to just my favourtes.

Personly I despise Cobra-La as a cheap gimmick, but I think one of the new comic packs has Nemesis enforcer in it.

Oh a Mamba! I'm not sure If I'm happy or sad that I missed it, Happy I didn't spend the money, or sad I didn't get it. The best Joe find I've had at Parramatta was a $20 incomplete Night Raven.

liegeprime - I havent seen any instores, but I have gotten a huge amount from ebay, you can normally get them for about $16.99 with about $5-$8 in post charges. I get a few at a time so it cuts down alittle, I would much prefer getting them straight from a shop(who wouldnt) but I cant help myself

LordZed - I feel your anger towards Cobra-La, it was abit too fantasy for GI Joe. Although wouldnt mind getting my hands on a pythona(spelling) figure.

Im interested in getting the dvd packs, have you guys seen them ? for Pyramid of Darkness, MASS Device etc. One of them has a sweet Quickkick figure, he is a mini grail for me The only GI Joe I have on dvd is the movie.

Just last week on Ebay I saw a USS Flagg playset, with a heap of other vehicles, including a Mamba only problem was the 3,500 Price :P

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I was never really a "Yo Joe!" Fan - but I do remember a Maltese Family Friend of ours who's son had quite a few Joes/Playsets in the late 80's.

But what I am getting psyched about is the movie getting released in about a year's time...

I collect GI Joe too. Both vintage and 25th.

Lord_Zed, let me know if you have any figures you want to let go.
    Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

I did enjoy the G. I. Joe cartoon, but because it was about people I felt it was still too "normal" and so enjoyed TFs more.