Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP thundercracker loose wing

Default MP thundercracker loose wing

I've noticed recently that when my thundercracker is in robot modem his wing is very loose,
    its like the pin that connects the two pieces has come loose, so the win continues to fall backward. Anyone know if or how this may be fixed?
    ~

I'll get back to you once I get a chance to have a look at one of my MP Seekers for reference.

Ok, I had a look at mine. The wing is being held by two pins in a double joint.

Which pin is the one in question? The smaller one directly connecting the joint to the wing or the one connecting the joint closer to the back of the torso?

The smaller one directly conecting to the wing is the one that is loose. The other one is still very tight.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    The smaller one directly conecting to the wing is the one that is loose. The other one is still very tight.
    Is there a part of the pin sticking out of a side? Even if there isn't, with a sharp metal object, are you able to push it out from one side reasonably easy? (be careful)

Is there any stress to the joint housing the pin like cracks or white stress marks?

Sorry for the questions but I need to get an idea of the condition the pin is in before I proceed with a detailed repair strategy.

it isnt sticking out on either side, there are no cracks or stress marks either. i tried to push the pin out but it wont budge =/
    Last edited by kup; 5th February 2011 at 03:33 PM.
    ~

In that case, I am afraid that you will need to push out that pin, then coat it with a tiny bit of nail polish/superglue and reinsert it.

Are you comfortable with removing the pin? It isn't an easy task and can be risky.

Edit: I accidentally clicked on the edit button on your post instead of quote and that is why it says 'edited by kup' at the bottom - sorry

Thanks heaps for the help, i'll give it a shot tomorrow i think. Any idea as to how to force that pin out? the bugger seems pretty hard to remove
    ~

To force the pin out you need to disassemble the wing as much as you can so that you can avoid damaging parts by keeping them out of the way.

1. Remove the screws from the back of the wing and slide it out:

2. You should end up with the back like this:

3. Now this is the very hard part. I will provide pics for reference but you basically have to follow the same instructions I provided for Thunderwing here in order to remove the pin.

Be concision that it's not easy to remove pins but it's doable.

Once you remove the pin, add a very thin coat of super glue or nail polish, doesn't have to be on the whole pin just half of it would be good and will make it easier to reinsert. Allow it to dry, reinsert it (this should be much easier than removing it) and the added thickness should provide the friction you require to keep the wing in place.

Good luck but remember to be careful not just with the toy but your person too.

Thanks heaps for your help! I will give this a shot tomorrow after i get a good nights rest. It doesnt look as complicated as I thought it would after you posted pictures. Thanks again!
    ~