Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universe/Classics 2.0

Default Universe/Classics 2.0

What is your favourite Universe/classics 2.0 figure and why...mine would be Ironhide, for obvious reasons, but Inferno comes pretty close. So if you end up in between me and a Universe/classics 2.0 Ironhide figure...get out of my way. This is more a pointless thread, I just want to know which are the better universe figures, Ill definitely get Hound w/ Ravage, Megatron if I find him, same with Prime, definitely Soundwave. Starscream too, ok just tell me your favourtie and why.

This should probably go in the Reviews section rather than News - there's actually a thread for feedback already - i'll post my response in there

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    This should probably go in the Reviews section rather than News - there's actually a thread for feedback already - i'll post my response in there
    oops

Classics Optimus Prime is my favourite. Even better if you can get the nicer Henkei Convoy version. Compared to Ironhide he has a nice clean alt mode, whereas with Ironhide - as kurdt said - has seam lines all over it... which isn't necessarily a bad thing provided you transform it properly, but it does makes the transformation more fiddly. The articulation is more limited and the head staring down thing just bugs me. I see no reason why his head couldn't have been on a ball-and-socket joint. :/ This isn't to say that Ironhide's a bad mould, but Optimus Prime comes out on top for me.

Having said that, Universe/Henkei Ironhide is a far more ambitious design. Classics Prime is an original design so HasTak took their own liberty with making that figure, whereas Ironhide was an attempt to mimic the G1 cartoon/comic model which defied laws of reality and made his 'trailer' disappear when he transformed to robot mode. Universe/Henkei Ironhide attempts to have an Ironhide that resembles his G1 Marvel model which requires hiding a lot of the vehicle mode that would've been the trailer on the G1 toy - some of it becoming incorporated into the robot and some of it unavoidably becoming kibble. To that end I think that HasTak did a commendable job.

...I just wish he'd stop staring at his feet. Silverbolt too.

I could post in other thread but this is nice new fresh one

I like Inferno, he is good stocky character, larger than the other voyagers.

I also like the sunsteaker, and prowl molds. I recently acquired red alert and smokescreen. Love the paint decos on these.

My least liked is probably octane, I mean Tankor

Classics Jetfire, because he's the closest thing I've ever had to a toy of Skyfire.

this is a hard one, but i listed the ones that stand out:

For looks:
    Henkei red alert
    - Quite possibly the hottest henkei so far that i own. looks absolutely amazing in my display, and will look even better with a new rocket launcher that's coming soon
    Henkei Dirge
    - Another amazing looking toy, the best of all the exclusives i own. Not only does it represent the G1 dirge well, it also makes it more modern and much better looking

For toyness:
    Jetifre
    - Great toy to both play with and display, another excellent modernization

For overall awesomeness
    Henkei Hound
    - Another amazing toy and looks great too

All the figures I have opened from the universe and classics line are Ramjet from classics and tankor from universe. The rest are deluxes unopened.

I have had Ramjet for a while - very blocky and G1-esque. I love his colour scheme and his posability is pretty good. Everyone seems to be bitching about tankor.. he seems alright to me, other than the weird undercarriage that serves as a scissor-type weapon in robot mode. I like the plane mode and thats the mode I keep him in for the most part.. again undercarriage a bit bizarre.

I refrained from the more expensive voyagers and ultra class figures from this line as a lot of my inspiration for getting back into collecting was from the movie lines and I didn't want to throw too much money at those guys.. although at one stage had a lot of the big guys on preorder from BBTS. I am inclined however to get the blaster/dirge mold.

Universe: Jetfire

Like:
    -Very solid, sturdy figure
    -Both modes look great
    -Nice play value

Dislike:
    -The helmet (way too big)

Henkei: Cyclonus

Like:
    -Clever transformation
    -Perfect robot mode
    -Comes with a target master!
    -Excellent colours

Dislike:
    -It can't lay a golden egg
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 26th May 2009 at 02:56 PM.

I'm a big fan of all the figures in this line ... heck the only real beef (and it's ever so minute) i have about them is that i wish they made them according to their scale with one another.

To answer your question though; I would have to say side swipe -
    everything about him is so cool!
    He's the most versatile figure and this is evidenced by recycling the mold for other characters e.g, sunstreaker, punch/counter punch as well as other customs. There's very little compromise to either of his transformations. He looks good as a robot and looks good as a car.He's fully posable and i really like the head surfacing gimmick.

the only quarm i have is with his legs ... sometimes he looks like he's wearing flares from the 60-70s like disco stu, this probably enhances his appearance.. podbody's nerfect :P

Versus

Last edited by kristofferrer; 26th May 2009 at 08:02 PM.
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!