Thread: movie optimus primal (Stockade repaint)

goro is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default movie optimus primal (Stockade repaint)

Hey guys...

Here is my reimagining of a 'movie version' of optimus primal. The moment I saw stockade along with his huge arms and his face shield, I was convinced that a good primal would come of him.

Optimus Primal has pretty much been left alone on the outside except for the decepticon logo, which has been painted over & the roof rails have been painted black as the alt mode is awesome by itself.

Now the bot mode is where he shines, he has been paintd to resemble primal down to the dot - check otu the pic next to primal (not included in the auction).

Then, grey and black highlights have been added to him to give him a more realistic bot mode (to create wiring and anime effects) as can be seen behind the head and on the back of bot mode as well as the arms. A great amount of detail has been put into the bot mode highlights to give him a realistic effect.

All painting has been done using gundam and citadel paints and the bot has been sealed using high quality citadel matt seal! the bot can be transformed many a time, however care should be taken for transforming as he is made mainly for display purposes.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=150242448015

and as a bonus for all OTCA members, I will provide free shipping to anyone that wins the auction and that mentions that they are a member!

Last edited by goro; 1st May 2008 at 09:46 PM.

I've seen the idea before, but you've done a very nice job of it.

hell cool

Mucho impressivo!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

very nice indeed goro

I really like this one. Stockade is a wonderful figure and the recolours suit Primal perfectly.

Trunks will probably squeel like a little girl when he sees this one.

SQUEEEEELLLL!

Sorry about that, but it needed to be done.

I have another repaint in mind for that figure (but I am sure I wont be able to pull it off) but that is very nice indeed!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Big fan, just one minor detail.

You left the Decepticon insignia on the grill. Make it maximal or alternatively just cover with silver.

Otherwise impressive as.

goro is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

yeah ive panted over it already.. after the pics in black.... a maximal sybol that small woudl be impossible (its a deluxe figure)

I am trunks.. painting this figure is relatively easy, jsut be sure to take off the arms and the legs... rest is easy as... be wary of the knee joints. they are very weak as one of mine snapped during painting.. so i had to use another stockade's legs...