Thread: Hello everyone! TF & 3P fan here

Default Hello everyone! TF & 3P fan here

Hey Guys, and Girls,
    Just checking in for the first time. I signed up a couple weeks ago, but didn't read the rules.

I mean you get so use to clicking accept on those long pages of terms of service with every app you download , Who reads them

Well I read them now, and figured I would start by introducing myself

I'm from the U.S. ,and have been a Transformers fan all my life. I love the cartoon, and still try to watch at least 1 season each year in my downtime. Same goes for the 86 movie, as I try to watch it at least once a year.

I have been up and down with collecting, but have been here from the start. My first MP was Takara MP-01 before Takara Tomy was together. My MP-01 has a red Takrara logo at the bottom right.

My focus for the last few years have been Masterpiece official, but also buying 3P masterpiece scale figures.

I was that person who needed to buy every numbered Official Takara MP that was released. I have since sold all my MP Diaclone Repaints, and now only collect characters from the Season 1, 2, 3 cast.

My first 3P MP scale figure was MMC Ocular max Sphinx. I was hooked so when the TFCON Toronto Disappearing phase version was announced I bought one of those and was blown away again at the amazing use of Translucent plastic and paint apps. Then finally when TFCON Chicago Sphinx was announced re-appearing phase I had to get him too so I can have them side by side.

I'm a Huge Gigapower Fan. I love the Size, Detail, weight, clean transformation of Guttur, and Grassor. Yes I will be waiting years until I'm able to finish the set, but that's ok with me. BTW I prefer to keep them in Dino mode

I have been very selective in which 3P I buy. I feel there is a trend right now where when we see 2 or more 3P companies making the same figure, that the Takara release is right around the corner.

As an Example look at all the 3P offerings for Megatron, so many flavors to choose from

Ok well I just wanted to say hi.

Welcome to these foreign shores!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Welcome to these foreign shores!
    Thanks

Welcome to the other side of the planet You'll like it here
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Welcome to the other side of the planet You'll like it here
    Thank you, yeah Australia is far far away from me, but the cool thing is we all are Transformers fans which bring us together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    Thank you, yeah Australia is far far away from me, but the cool thing is we all are Transformers fans which bring us together.
    All under one banner awesome!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Welcome!!
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Thank you everyone. Happy to be here.