Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27374243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I'm starting to suspect how perfect its bot mode and how...panel heavy the gun mode is might be making it difficult for customs to realize.

Considering the difficulty in transforming and damage done perhaps customs thought "why would anyone spend that long scuffing up a $200+ toy just to rob a shop with", even without the silencer installed on a first go he can be quite badly marred on transformation, making him stick out a bit more.

Although same could be used on mp05 and his double size should be a give away, anyways seems the only reason why customers are even checking from what I can tell is the silencer in packaging.
    I was thinking this myself when i was looking at my MP5 Megatron. You can easily see why it was picked up through customs. The trigger alone would be enough to set the scanners off. MP36 doesnt have this problem.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Indeed a true decepticon

I got my B709 permit from WA police so evidently they still see it as a replica weapon. Heading to Singapore next weekend to pickup my Megatron, will be interesting to see how customs handle it when I tick the "firearms" box on the declaration form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I got my B709 permit from WA police so evidently they still see it as a replica weapon. Heading to Singapore next weekend to pickup my Megatron, will be interesting to see how customs handle it when I tick the "firearms" box on the declaration form.
    Or just don't.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Or just don't.
    You be paying a heavy fine for not doing it. He be alright with the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbs View Post
    It was Auspost. Got held up in Melb for two weeks.

This note from Customs was in the packaging too.
    Where did you order from if you don't mind my asking? I'm also in Melbourne and fast losing confidence PC will deliver. I may have to purchase overseas and was wondering if there was anything unique about your delivery e.g. customs declaration, stated value etc. Thanks! Feel free to PM if it's easier.

The Little Toy Compay are based in Melbourne from memory & offer a pick-up service too. Might be worth checking them out as an alternative option to purchasing from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The Little Toy Compay are based in Melbourne from memory & offer a pick-up service too. Might be worth checking them out as an alternative option to purchasing from overseas.
    Thanks for the reminder! I met the guy having purchased combiner wars off them earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by minstral View Post
    Where did you order from if you don't mind my asking? I'm also in Melbourne and fast losing confidence PC will deliver. I may have to purchase overseas and was wondering if there was anything unique about your delivery e.g. customs declaration, stated value etc. Thanks! Feel free to PM if it's easier.
    Robotkingdom. I don't think there was anything unique about the delivery, same as every other MP I've got from them.

Great. Thanks!