Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pics and bios for Inferno, Vector Prime, Anim Blurr.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Eh...

Inferno may be a little volvo-ish (ie. square-ish) in proportions , but he's still damn cool

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I actually don't think Inferno's too badly proportioned looking at the gallery on Seibertron.com. But then again, Ryan does such a brilliant job its hard to tell sometimes.
    Agreed!

Having said that, I think he looks great! I've watched a number of reviews too and he looks much better! He's quite tall too... taller (and bulkier) than Classics Optimus Prime!

I'd still have preferred a Ladder over a water cannon, but considering the majority of the newer fire engines these days do not have an external ladder it makes sense I suppose.

Does make it a little harder to see Inferno being retooled into Grapple and Artfire now.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Why call the repaint Vector Prime? They would have gotten my money on that one if he had been named First Autobot and placed in the G1 side of Universe.
    Sadly, this is the way it is with the repaints in the Universe line. They're fairly generic. At least the colours we're seeing are better than the flood of purples and lime greens we saw when the first run of Universe toys came out back in 2004.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Sadly, this is the way it is with the repaints in the Universe line. They're fairly generic. At least the colours we're seeing are better than the flood of purples and lime greens we saw when the first run of Universe toys came out back in 2004.
    Thank any of the gods you want that it seems Hasbro have run out of "allspark blue"...

Otherwise it's all the Universe series would be painted in. Allspark Blue Inferno anyone?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I wonder if you can change over his shield with G1 Blurr's that would be neat, i do like that Inferno i wonder how he sizes up with the rest of the classics/universe line?
    Inferno is midway in size loophole - taller than prime but shorter than powerglide. There are some Vid reviews of him done at youtube ( cant find link now) where the reviewer stands him for comparison in sixe purposes to Classics Prime and TFU powerglide. hope this helps.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Inferno is midway in size loophole - taller than prime but shorter than powerglide. There are some Vid reviews of him done at youtube ( cant find link now) where the reviewer stands him for comparison in sixe purposes to Classics Prime and TFU powerglide. hope this helps.
    This one?

The thing with 'Fatimus Prime' is that the odd proportions were intentional to accomodate the Super mode, to make sure Super Optimus/Grand Convoy didn't have a small abdomen with fat limbs. One mode had to be sacrificed for the other. But in Inferno's case, there isn't a need for the blockiness, as there isn't a third mode, and as it has been seen in toys like Robot Master Convoy/Optimus, panels can be shifted to prevent the main body section being a straight usage of the blocky cab of the vehicle mode. I just think it looks lazy for Inferno, with today's engineering, to use the cab as his entire abdoment (the front bumper folds down, but that's basically it). Even the Gen1 toy had the cab as just the chest and stomach of the robot mode, with a separate piece forming the waist, which made it look taller, not fat like this one.