Page 427 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 407417422423424425426427428429430431432437447 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Which Transformers have been known to eat humans?
    Over bite likes to swim through drowning fleshlings... perhaps he likes to munch on them as he goes through?

Has the IDW TPB been released that has the issue with Impactor having lunch with Megatron at a diner?

Lol I know how that sounds but those who may know the answer would understand what I am talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    That's exactly what has put me off: organic...I just love seeing pure metal all the time,
    The Transformers themselves aren't organic, they just transform into organic looking alt modes. They're robots in disguise. In the G1 comics the Dinobots were often frustrated at inactivity because Optimus Prime was very reluctant in letting them out because their alt modes didn't work as disguises. The Insecticons were able to mass-shift down to the size of insects, so that worked in their favour - people wouldn't notice that they were robotic insects unless you took a close look (much like the Insecticon in Revenge of the Fallen). But we had organic disguises in G1 too; i.e. Pretenders. In Anglophone continuity the Pretender shells were Transformer-sized, so were impractical as disguises on Earth -- so writers often took the Pretenders off-world to places inhabited by Transformer-sized humans like Femax ("Death by Snoo-Snoo!"). In Japanese continuity Pretenders were able to mass-shift themselves down to human size and wore human clothes, and were able to interact with people on Earth. Lander even dated a human woman!

The Beast Wars Transformers are like Alice in Revenge of the Fallen -- the organic alt mode is just disguises the true robot inside. Although IMO Beast Wars Transformers look way better than Alice -- one thing that bugs me about Alice is that she lacks any alt mode kibble in robot mode. One thing that makes a Transformer look like a TF to me is alt mode kibble in robot mode... she just morphs into this alien robot rather than shifting her parts around and transforming (in the conventional sense) into her robot mode. At least with BW TFs you can see their beast mode parts hanging off their robot modes, just as with vehicular Transformers you can see parts of cars and jets etc. around their robot bodies.

Spoiler: You do get robotic beast modes in Season 2 when they introduce Transmetals -- interestingly enough this idea was not well received by fans in Japan who insisted that they no longer looked like robots in disguise, hence in Beast Wars Neo Takara went back and gave almost all of the Transformers full organic beast modes.

More spoilers... of course the whole robot in disguise thing kinda flies out the window with the lack of realistic scaling between their beast modes -- especially the bugformers and Rattrap who are just gigantic. But the story introduces the beast modes as something they need to adapt to the environment (shields them from raw Energon radiation) rather than a disguise -- although in a few instances the disguise element works

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Has the IDW TPB been released that has the issue with Impactor having lunch with Megatron at a diner?

Lol I know how that sounds but those who may know the answer would understand what I am talking about
    No. Not yet.

Whats the best cleaning tool or method to clean Sticker residue of the chrome plastic on an original G1 Megatron? Would using a rubber ruin the chrome?

There has been a thread about this recently, but on searching I can't find it.

I would suggest Eucalyptus oil, as a good fluid, I'd check first on a small area to make sure there are no adverse effects.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So who else has pre-ordered DOTM on DVD or Blu Ray? Or am I the only schmuck who's done so?

I put in a pre-order a week ago at JB Hi Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So who else has pre-ordered DOTM on DVD or Blu Ray? Or am I the only schmuck who's done so?

I put in a pre-order a week ago at JB Hi Fi.
    For some strange reason I don't think a preorder was necessary.

You're probably right. It certainly wasn't necessary with the last 2 movies (but I preordered them anyway)... I'm sure we'll be finding DOTM DVDs shelfwarming in bargain bins for $12 in 6 months' time. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Whats the best cleaning tool or method to clean Sticker residue of the chrome plastic on an original G1 Megatron? Would using a rubber ruin the chrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    There has been a thread about this recently, but on searching I can't find it.

I would suggest Eucalyptus oil, as a good fluid, I'd check first on a small area to make sure there are no adverse effects.
    It's here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=12198

Yeah I've got eucalyptus oil. Haven't got time to try it though. I was told it stinks intensively...but as long as it works!

And btw I've tried the hair dryer...not...quite...effective in my experiment...anyway I still have my eucalyptus oil to test on...