Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 7th January 2016, 09:06 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Whoops..... Will be next week.... Damn crappy episode guide on my stupid tv
Old 8th January 2016, 06:43 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

I hate them doing this double episode format, because they make it into one long episode, cutting out the closing scene of the first episode and the opening scene of the second one.
Old 8th January 2016, 07:34 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
Whoops..... Will be next week.... Damn crappy episode guide on my stupid tv
That's ok, my wife and I tuned into the show to see the TF stuff and ended up quite liking the show anyway - we may end up watching it regularly (if our kids ever let us watch TV of an evening properly )
Old 15th January 2016, 06:39 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Tonight on SBS is the "Transformers" episode of Mythbusters. Unfortunately it would have already started down south... as I only saw it on the guide just now.
From reviews on TFs fansites don't expect anything specifically related to Transformers... I think all they do is just modify a vehicle to make it transform.
Old 17th January 2016, 05:26 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
That's ok, my wife and I tuned into the show to see the TF stuff and ended up quite liking the show anyway - we may end up watching it regularly (if our kids ever let us watch TV of an evening properly )
Sign of a sad super-geek spotting an "inaccurate" prop for an 80s TV show... by freeze-framing a scene at the start of that episode to see what version of Optimus Prime Adam is holding onto while talking to his dad, and noticing that it is not an original 1980s Optimus toy, but must be one of the 2004/2009 Hasbro reissues because of the small smokestacks.

(I actually laughed out aloud when I saw it, because I then imagined being one of those obsessive people for details, complaining about the TV show being cheap/lazy by not using a real 1980s Optimus toy... )
Old 5th February 2016, 04:15 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

How weird is this... two episodes of the Simpsons in the last two weeks had Transformers references.
One was on last week, called the Treehouse of Horror 19, which had a bit about an alien transforming robot race destroying Springfield while battling, until Marge convinces them to stop fighting each other... only to have them team up to enslave the Humans of Springfield. It was actually very funny because two were very much homages to Optimus and Megatron... and there was a transforming Malibu Stacy car (their homage to Barbie), making it look like a Barbie Transformers crossover toy.

The second episode that was on this week was just a regular episode, but for some reason, a random guy showed up with "Transformers The Ride" on the back of his work gear, but there was nothing said or done about it or about that guy... so it was just product placement, which is really odd for The Simpsons (who only do fake product placements to make fun of how bad they can be done - and this didn't relate to anything in the episode that I could tell, so just didn't make sense).
Old 15th March 2016, 09:25 PM
Megatran

In the movie The Professional, starring Jean Reno & a very young Natalie Portman, a brief showing of Sludge in the TF cartoon on the tv kinda spooked the killer & saved Natalie's character's life.
Old 15th March 2016, 10:22 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
In the movie The Professional, starring Jean Reno & a very young Natalie Portman, a brief showing of Sludge in the TF cartoon on the tv kinda spooked the killer & saved Natalie's character's life.
I was watching it on SBS on the weekend. When it first came out I think a lot of fans watched it just to see all the Transformers cartoon bits in it.
Old 16th March 2016, 08:15 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
You don't say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
The Professional with Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and a very young Natalie Portman. There were several scenes in which Natalie's character was seen watching the G1 cartoon.
G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Old 16th March 2016, 04:31 PM
Megatran

Well played good sir.
(I'm only a few year's late to the party)