Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 12th November 2013, 02:50 PM
Rank 1 - New/Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
That would be an annoyance but luckily it wasn't completely stuffed up like no 'h' or something. I imagine his mum being furious with dad.
Yes, I belive he slept on the couch for a few days.

She didn't find out until the certificate arrived in the mail.
Old 27th December 2013, 09:04 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
right before the final boss battle in Saints Row 4, the quote "one shall rise, one shall fall" is said by the player - the next scenes music is 'the touch' by Stan Bush
After listening to today's Giant Bomb game of the year deliberations where Saints Row IV's use of "The Touch" almost got them the "Best use of a licensed song" award I'm going to buy Saints Row IV and play it to the end just to see this Transformers reference.
Old 28th December 2013, 09:18 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

A new show coming out in 2014 called 'The Toy Hunter' where he goes around finding old rare and valuable toys.

On the commercial it showed him looking at an Optimus Primal, and also in a room with an Optimus Prime on a shelf behind him. Maybe they have FINALLY made a reality show that I will watch
Old 28th December 2013, 09:37 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
A new show coming out in 2014 called 'The Toy Hunter' where he goes around finding old rare and valuable toys.

On the commercial it showed him looking at an Optimus Primal, and also in a room with an Optimus Prime on a shelf behind him. Maybe they have FINALLY made a reality show that I will watch
Just saw the ad as well...

I'm glad I was watching Batman with the kids this morning otherwise I wouldn't have seen it.
Old 28th December 2013, 03:43 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
Just saw the ad as well...

I'm glad I was watching Batman with the kids this morning otherwise I wouldn't have seen it.
What channel, time and day is that on?
Old 28th December 2013, 04:23 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
What channel, time and day is that on?
I'm pretty sure it will be on GO, all that was said that it will be 'new in 2014' so it could be any time
Old 12th March 2014, 07:13 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Saw in the background of Bart visiting the movies on The Simpsons a poster for 'Transformers of the Carribean'. Had a picture of a robot with a car chest but with a 'Jack Sparrow' type head
Old 11th April 2014, 11:17 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

The parody movie "Meet the Spartans" (mostly parodying the movie 300) was on tonight, and I don't recommend it at all (it was just playing while I was on the computer)... but I was surprised (and laughed) at the Transformers Movie reference near the end.
The king Xerxes was running from the Spartan king and trips over a cube half buried in the dirt. He grabs it and refers to it as the "Transformers Cube", hops into a car with it, and promptly "transforms" into a robot (him inside it like an exosuit). As he advances on the Spartans he pulls out his extension cord and falls over dead.

Do not subject yourself to this movie just to see what I'm talking about, it is that bad... fortunately there is a clip of the scene on youtube (which is less than a minute long).
Old 12th April 2014, 07:50 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
The parody movie "Meet the Spartans" (mostly parodying the movie 300) was on tonight, and I don't recommend it at all (it was just playing while I was on the computer)... but I was surprised (and laughed) at the Transformers Movie reference near the end.
The king Xerxes was running from the Spartan king and trips over a cube half buried in the dirt. He grabs it and refers to it as the "Transformers Cube", hops into a car with it, and promptly "transforms" into a robot (him inside it like an exosuit). As he advances on the Spartans he pulls out his extension cord and falls over dead.

Do not subject yourself to this movie just to see what I'm talking about, it is that bad... fortunately there is a clip of the scene on youtube (which is less than a minute long).
This movie was horrible. As I recall it was released at around the height of the first live action film's popularity and that particular scene was extremely exploitative and cringeworthy.

I have to admit I did laugh at the Britney Spears bits though
Old 12th April 2014, 10:37 AM
Megatran

I thought Carmen Electra did a decent job. That's all I remember of this movie.