Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1323282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: model building

Thanks mate.

this was a pretty cool video, surprised i actually watched through the whole thing. the paint scheme looks fantastic!

FULL VIDEO BUILD TAMIYA GRUMMAN F-14A TOMCAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2cFTsP2IDM

Also I never realised you could get cement/glue like that with a brush. I always was fiddling around with tubes and those Revell ones that had the thin long metal nozzle. Glue always got dried up in those.

This may be a stupid question, but why does he not put glue under pieces to hold them together? He basically puts them together and gives them a wipe with the brush around the join.

Wouldn't that leave a glue ridge around the join and possibly not hold them together if it flexes a tiny bit?

Yeah that guy's pretty good though he doesn't add any commentary to his videos. I prefer this guy because of this.

As for the glue it flows in with capillary action and the solvent fuses the styrene together leaving a neat join.

i was actually wondering that too, regarding the glue. the person obviously knows what they are doing so i wasn't going to question it lol. might have to try that next time i am putting something together.

Finished my imperial communications droid from Rebels. I'm quite happy to have this in my collection alongside my other Bandai droids.

Also finished the Airfix 1/48th Mk.1 Spitfire. Pretty straight forward and enjoyable build with no real problems other than through a bit of carelessness. There's a bit of overspray on the instrument panel if you look hard enough. I used the very nice Eduard interior detail set.

I've got a few things to finish first but I really want to get a predator on the shelf. This is Spirit Blade sculpted by Narin and is part of a three piece with interlocking bases.

A closeup to show that amazing detail. That's one ugly motherfudger.

Another lambo this time it's the Huracan from Aoshima in pearl white. A little vanilla now that I look at it. The next one will be green I think.

Boba and friends. I have to wait until late December for the serving tray and January for the dispensor for the bartender droid.