Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Infiltrating Your Life

Glad it worked out STL. Life is strange like that. They make you worry and worry (hour delay at station) and then some nice person immediately knows it's yours. Bring back some faith to strangers.

TF have definately infiltrated my life. I used to collect mainly Gundam kits (mainly for the building side) but they became dust collectors and far too fragile to play with. Lego have satiated my thirst for building and TF my thirst for robots to fiddle with. Within a year the TF figures have surpassed my Gundam collection (which now dumped carelessly in boxes) and take precedence as TF are actually highly playable due to conversion fun and impressive to display.

Here's a touch of irony - I had to tell off a kid for playing with a Transformer in detention!

I had uniform detention supervision today and I noticed one boy playing with a Happy Meal Animated Ratchet... I don't think he was even aware of what he was playing with.

"Put Ratchet away!"
    "What?"
    "I said put Ratchet away."
    "Put what away?"
    "Ratchet. Put Ratchet away."
    "Is that its name? What's its name?"
    "His name is Ratchet. Now put it away."
    "Ratchet? I didn't even know that was its name..."
    (puts toy away)

Man... had it happened in class or in the playground I might've tried to start up a conversation about Transformers... but as it was in detention I just had to make him put the toy away and sit there quietly for the rest of the half-lunch (I detained him for a few minutes more because he tried talking with someone else in detention).

First time I had to make a choice between my professionalism and my Transfandom and while the former quickly won the irony wasn't lost on me.

So last night/early this morning

im at a pub called "the loft" With 2 lady friends

and i was wearing my super new cool movie black n blue sparkly optimus shirt

Then over yonder i spied a man with a red and black movie optimus shirt

i would have gone over in other circumstances and started a killer conversation regarding transformers, but to keep my new normal friends of the scent i didn't.

"To keep his collection a surprise, Roller lies, he's a transformers fan in disguise!"

so was it anyone here? Or just another poser?

You hide your Transfandom from mundaners? For shame!

just this one time

and besides i had a tf shirt on, thats close enough to revealing the driving force behind my continued existence

...on Thursday night my wife and I went out for dinner and I was kinda annoyed at myself because although I was wearing a TF shirt and hat, I'd forgotten to take a TF toy to carry around in my hand! So I had to endure dining without a TF toy on the table - can you believe it?!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...on Thursday night my wife and I went out for dinner and I was kinda annoyed at myself because although I was wearing a TF shirt and hat, I'd forgotten to take a TF toy to carry around in my hand! So I had to endure dining without a TF toy on the table - can you believe it?!
    You actually do this? I thought it was just in jest? How does your wife react? My missus would kick my sorry tush if I did.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

She doesn't mind.

TF Pride FTW!

Yes, he does... fairly often.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|