Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars 2010 Vintage Collection

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default Star Wars 2010 Vintage Collection

I don't really collect SW figures... I do have a small collection with my BMF and will be getting the AT-AT when it's on sale next, but I gotta say I love the new Vintage Collection of figures.

Empire Strikes Back is my favourite line/film, and I love the use of the old cards with new super-improved figures.

I bought Darth Vader, Luke (in Bespin fatigues), a Sandtrooper and Snowspeeder Luke (From the Saga Legends)... and they are BRILLIANT!!! Seriously, I've collected the VOTC figs and a few other randoms over the past few years, but some of these are way better!! I think they've finally nailed the perfect Vader helmet sculpt, and also got a very VERY good likeness to Mark Hamill (Closest so far).

I'm loving the line, and there's ROTJ stuff to come. Anyone else collect these?

Yeah im loving them too. I also found ROTS ones at Target. New figures on RETRO 80's cards but from Ep 3. Little odd but I did need a MOSC Anakin for my Son who has the same name

Yes, I meant to add that too... I found ROTS figs today too. But I agree, they don't have quite the same feel as the "real" vintage cardbacks.

Your son is named Anakin? Kewl!!

I have a few VOTC figures including some of the newer ones.

In the last month I bought about 10 Snowtroopers, some AT-AT drivers and some AT-AT Commanders for my new AT-AT, Dack Ralter and Luke in Hoth fatigues for my new Snowspeeder. I really hate the face of the AT-AT Commander, and so I made my own custom head out of a Chancellor Vallorum head and some paint to make it look like General Veers.

I'll be posting up some mock up shots which are meant to resemble the AT-AT battle scenes on Hoth in the next few days.
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Does anyone know if there are 2 versions of the 2010 Saga Legends Darth Vader?

It's supposed to be this one, but today at Target I found a different version of the figure in the new packaging... I'm pretty sure it's this one (based on the 2008 and earlier Vader figure). NOTE: This is the only link I can find with this figure, the packaging is not the same as seen in the link.

The one I found was completely different to the one that's supposed to be part of the 2010 line (ie, removable Helmet as seen above in the first link). It also had the cut arms (like the 08 version) instead of the ball joints, different paint apps and a different cape. It's definitely not the same figure, but it was in the exact same packaging (2010 style). Also, both ID's are "SL06".

Does anyone know why?

Just picked up Leia (in Hoth outfit)... I'm continually amazed at the high quality of these figures. They are quite extraordinary!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yes, I meant to add that too... I found ROTS figs today too. But I agree, they don't have quite the same feel as the "real" vintage cardbacks.

Your son is named Anakin? Kewl!!

Yeah he is and for true SW geeks my Daughter is Mara-Jade

Found Vintage Boxed Snowspeeder and Tie-Fighter yesterday WOW I love the old boxes

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Found Vintage Boxed Snowspeeder and Tie-Fighter yesterday WOW I love the old boxes
    Oooo... where were they?? Do you know how much... I've been waiting for these.

The vintage boxes look awesome - I really want the AT-AT one too.

Just picked up the vintage Darth Vader toy from K-Mart. From what I know Big W sells them the cheapest but they have the least variety compared to other stores. I don't collect much SW figures either, I only have 5 second-hand SW TFs but as a kid I used to have more SW figs - like X-Wing Pilot Luke Skywalker, Qui-Gon, Battle Droid, Darth Maul.

I've always wanted a Darth Vader but could never afford/find one. Now that I have one I feel a step closer to owning all the toys I wanted as a child (now where's that original Dinozord lol)

I started to play with DV and at first his helmet kept falling off which started bugging me, but after putting on some blu-tack it stays on a lot more! Wow this figure is spiffy, might even make him ride on one of the ROTF sisters!