Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real cars/vehicles done up as Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    has anyone built or seen a G1 customised optimus truck?
    I saw a G1 style red truck fly through the traffic lights here in Perth over a year ago. I swear it looked just like Optimus.

Speaking of real life trucks representing TF alt modes, this game is still running.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What's wrong with 'boring'? It makes them better robots in disguise! A car that stands out is a terrible disguise. ]
    Yes but when they don't turn into robots they are just boring cars.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    well sure maybe just a plain red van would be kinda boring, but has anyone built or seen a G1 customised optimus truck? with a kitted out trailer? Or cars like Tracks, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker etc, maybe with some Autobot insignia and touches like gear shift levers or anything. That Ratchet and Prowl is kinda what I was talking about, might be cool at conventions or something, if it was done a bit more authentically!
    You made my point. The cool looking cars are out of reach. Do you know what a semi with trailer goes for? Or a Countach or Stratos?
    I think the most obtainable car that is affordable and unique enough to do up with a good TF colour scheme is a 280zx (expext to be fixing some rust though)
    Spiderken Away!

Bumblebee VW beetle would probably one of the most affordable or older models like Hound. I used to work with someone with a US military jeep/LHD and all it needs are Hound's stickers to make it look like that.

I love the idea of this. Boring models or not.
    Simply buy a silver 280 or a yellow bug, add an Autobot logo here, here and here... Voila! Only true fans would get it.
    Or simply buy an F-15,get jet fighter pilots license, attach stickers. Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    Or simply buy an F-15,get jet fighter pilots license, attach stickers. Voila!
    It wouldn't surprise me if this actually does happen, but for legal reasons they're not allowed to post photos of them online (especially if it's images of personnel on active duty). I've personally seen an image of a tank w/ an Autobot logo on it, but yeah, AFAIK it cannot be posted/published or distributed.

Well then just try and look up some cars and slap a logo on them hehehe. take a snapshot . viola! after which (especially if it isn't your vehicle, take the logo off - oh and ask permission from the owner). This was postaed a few years ago by someone here, can't remember who... but yeah, if the owners are game and allows it, hey, it's an inexpensive way to do it,

slap a logo, take a few pics , remove logo, viola!

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Here are a few from Botcon 2011

It frustrated me that this was an evangelist vehicle.

and some not quite real life versions:

And from the car rental place at LAX this year:
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The Ratchet and a "Bumblebee" were there again this year, but no Ravage on top of the Ratchet this time (at least at the times I saw it).