Page 57 of 183 FirstFirst ... 374752535455565758596061626777 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I've got a Hound at Mt.Druitt put aside for you. Shoot me a PM if you're keen
    And this is the sort of thing that makes me love these forums

Sinnertwin: I already got one for Magnus yesterday. Awww, feel the lurvs.

There seems to be demand for it, so probably post its availability in the saleyard before taking it back. (to whomever doesn't give theirs to Magnus)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    And this is the sort of thing that makes me love these forums
    +1. Thanks to everyone with your advice and offers of help!

I know it comes up a lot but I've got to VENT!!! I hate BBTS when they don't get their stock in a timely manner. I'm waiting on a MMPR Legacy Dragon Dagger and Legacy Dragonzord that should have arrived in April when the US TRU got their stock. I've had it with waiting, I'm going to order from TRU even if I have to pay extra on shipping.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 22nd July 2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I know it comes up a lot but I've got to VENT!!! I hate BBTS when they don't get their stock in a timely manner. I'm waiting on a MMPR Legacy Dragon Dagger and Legacy Dragonzord that should have arrived in April when the US TRU got their stock. I've had with waiting, I'm going to order from TRU even if I have to pay extra on shipping.
    We all know that feel. The Chosen Prime seem to be better with their timing and are almost identical to BBTS in prices and shipping, with a POL system. Considering changing.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I've tried two different Kmarts, three Myers, two Targets, a Big W and a TrU over the past week and a bit. No Hound
    Same! Hopefully Shellhabour will bring more success tomorrow...
    1 per box? Hasbro why

The paint on the AoE Concept Camaro Deluxe Bumblebee is prone to scratching. Looking at my photos of the toy that I took shortly after opening it, I noticed that the right knee was already scratched. Today I rolled it a bit on my desk at work, and it ended up scratching the left knee! Then I noticed that one of the grill tabs had snapped off, and I found it on the floor of my TF room, which meant that it must've snapped when I first transformed it! Anyway, took it back to TRU for an exchange... on the way there I called them and asked if they had any in stock and to put one aside for me if they did. The guy on the floor checked twice and told me that there were none left. But by that time, I was already half way there, so I proceeded to go there, and sure enough, there were four of them still sitting on the peg! I found the guy that I spoke to and mentioned it to him (in a friendly way ). Anyway, got the toy exchanged. I looked at each of the toys through the bubble, and all but one of them had a scratch on one or both knees! Naturally I got the one without the knee scratches.

Does anyone else have that sort of quality requirement (paint scratches/smudges) with toys, that are mostly bought by people who don't see any value in them (as mere toys), and produced in such a cheap, sweat-shop way that quality of the end product is what you'd expect of a mere play-thing... so if it is opened to play with (not being bought for investment/value), is it right to exchange them as if they were faulty?

Surely exchanges are for items that are broken before they are removed from packaging, or missing parts, or constructed wrong. Isn't making the store pay for an item that was damaged by the customer, or only have an insignificant paint smudge that is a parameter of the cheap construction process, cheating the system?

If it was a car or fridge or computer that had a noticeable scratch on it, or missing paint, that would matter because those are higher-end, higher-quality items... but a toy that is taken out to be played with, to already start getting play wear, wouldn't be something I'd exchange just over a small bit of smudged or missing paint.

Just curious... does anyone else return toys that they broke or had some minor paint issues that are minor enough to be expected of these cheaply made products that are just toys?