View Poll Results: How many TF4 movie gimmick toys are you likely to buy?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

43 76.79%
  • Maybe one or two

12 21.43%
  • Probably several

1 1.79%
  • A whole gimmick line

0 0%
  • All of them

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you likely to buy any TF4 Movie gimmick toys?

Default Are you likely to buy any TF4 Movie gimmick toys?

With us older collectors, the gimmick lines rarely attract our attention, and hardly ever show up as acquisitions.

So, with the fourth movie being heavily geared towards a younger demographic with gimmick toys (Power Battlers, One-Step Changers in 3 sizes, Flip& Change, Dino Sparkers, Titans in 2 sizes), it doesn't appear to leave many purchasing options for the older demographic... or does it.
    (excluding Construct-Bots and Kreo, as they are a grey area in terms of "gimmick"... and ignoring store exclusives, as they are generally just redecos)

At this time we have in the first two waves of known figures...
    15 - mainline "Generations" (8 Deluxe, 4 Voyager, 3 Leader)
    28 - gimmick figures (7 Power Battlers, 7 One-step Basic, 1 One-step Mega, 1 One-step Electronic, 3 Flip&Change, 3 Dino-sparkers, 4 Titan 12inch, 2 Titan 16inch)

How many gimmick toys are you intending or expecting to buy for this movie?

- None
    - Maybe one or two
    - Probably Several
    - A whole gimmick line
    - All of them

If you are planning to get some of the Gimmick figures, which ones and why?

So far ive only purchased the one step grimlock just to see what they were like, plus I thought it would be fun just to transform while working on my computer and stuff. Its not bad for what I expected, if you go in expecting a massive amount of accuracy to the movies with these figures you're gunna be dissapointed. However the grimlock I got has a lot of detail all over it and the way it transforms is actually pretty cool. While it does have limited posability the gimmick I has makes up for that, which I guess is the aim of the figure. One funny thing I have noticed is that it seems to have the most accurately proportioned t-rex mode of all the grimlocks so far. I might get some more one step changers but only when they drop in price, they should cost around the same as a commander class in my opinion.

Gimmick Grimlock maybe.......when they are on clearance.

The gimmick toys don't really appeal that much to me, but I may get a couple of figures if there are characters who don't get a generations version. Like the Power Attackers Junkheap that was announced a little while ago, if there is no Generations Junkheap announced (at maybe Botcon) I may get the gimmick version instead

I bought a few with the first two movies, many of characters that were not in the flicks such as Ramjet and Cliffjumper just so I could have Movieverse versions of them. Got the Frenzy that turned into an actual cd player because I thought that was kinda cool.

DOTM I didn't bother and wont with AoE - in part because the toys mainly suck and in part because people tend to throw them out so I find them for like either 20c at Op Shops or friends just give them to me when their kids are sick of them

Nope.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

As far as the gimmick toys go, no, very unlikely. I will consider some of the Generations cars, but I would probably get every Human Alliance vehicle if they revisit that line.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

no gimmick toys for me. Those are kind of disposable toys really, the ones you are likely to see in a box at a market for a couple of dollars each. Thats where these will end up eventually if you are patient

I see the gimmick toys as being "gift" toys, while the mainline toys are more the "collectable" toys.
    One type you give, one type you keep.

Considering the age rating of the movie, and its target demographic (teens and older), it makes you wonder who are going to be buying all of these gimmick toys that are going to be filling stores for the next few months.