Thread: Botcon clones from club store

Default Botcon clones from club store

Did anyone bite and get a set from the club store post botcon?

I'm asking as I got an eBay set, but one has a bad pin in the ankle that won't last long before it breaks. I'm after someone to help organise a damaged return.

Otherwise, anyone got another one damaged somewhere they also need parts from? Or anyone who just wants pounce? (Wingspan is my bad one)

I'd ask someone who was at show, but normally you need to check and return on the spot.

Man that sux,
    I had a clone with a bad pin in the knee at the convention and had it replaced. they are very definite about not replacing parts after the convention ends so if you emailed them and asked it couldn't hurt but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

In this case, I'm assuming the eBay seller was selling "sealed as is".

I will have a couple sets of clones for sale once I get my act together and I think I'll be selling them under similar conditions simply because there's no way to tell through the bag and no way to get parts replaced under normal conditions.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I have these from BBTS in a pile of loot, but am a little concerned what's going to arrive. I feel I should have trusted my gut and avoided club toys.

Is there a thread/link to this ankle pin issue? And are Wingspans the only ones with the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Is there a thread/link to this ankle pin issue? And are Wingspans the only ones with the problem?
    It shouldn't be a wide spread issue.... Just a case of bad luck and not the normal qc checks on this "small custom order" as the factory must see it

We have read issues of metroplex finger pins in the wrong spot and other such issues.... Tis is the same sorta thing, but the peice in question is too thin to try for a re-insertion to correct

I don't have any impractical QC issues on mine (from eBay), but the general quality is not at the same bar as the retail releases.

Pounce does not seem to want to tab in correctly, and does not roll due to a 0.5-1.0mm clearance issue under the car (got the original Vehicon release, which transforms and rolls like a dream).

Wingspan transforms quite well. All parts tabbing in correctly. Neck ball joint does not rotate fluidly - a little loose on one side and a little too tight on the other. The back panel that hides the head does not close in all the way (by locking into the shoulders and close with the chest - I don't own the original Air Vehicon so don't know if this was an inherent issue).

No issues with any of the Microns.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!