Page 741 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 721731736737738739740741742743744745746751761 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,410 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Anyone know if there is a resource out there that shows off the size difference between toys of the same class over the years?

Toys in the same class are more or less the same size as each other (give or take a centimetre). I took a sample of between 3 to 9 toys from each class from toys pre-dating Dark of the Moon, and a sample that came after, and here's what I got...

Pre-DotM
    * Deluxe = 15cm
    * Voyager = 19cm
    * Leader = 25cm

Post-DotM
    * Deluxe = 14cm
    * Voyager = 17cm
    * Leader = 25cm

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Toys in the same class are more or less the same size as each other (give or take a centimetre).
    Not always the case, though. Consider Transformers Animated Deluxe Lockdown, Robots in Disguise Deluxe Wedge, just about any of the Beast Machines Cheetors, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Not always the case, though. Consider Transformers Animated Deluxe Lockdown, Robots in Disguise Deluxe Wedge, just about any of the Beast Machines Cheetors, etc.
    Not to mention BM Thrust and your beloved Animated Lugnut. There are exceptions, but I was just looking at averages, but of course, individual results may vary greatly (e.g. the average Australian man is 1.75m tall, but many of us aren't 175cm in height ). As we all know, the classes are really based on price point rather than standardised sizing anyway.

Not getting Lugnut in leader class was one of the biggest travesties of Animated. It's up there with the lack of the 4th season
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

If we can get comic books for My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack and "How to ride your Dinobot" from IDW, SURELY they can do TFA season 4 as a comic. The story has all been mapped out already!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Toys in the same class are more or less the same size as each other (give or take a centimetre). I took a sample of between 3 to 9 toys from each class from toys pre-dating Dark of the Moon, and a sample that came after, and here's what I got...

Pre-DotM
    * Deluxe = 15cm
    * Voyager = 19cm
    * Leader = 25cm

Post-DotM
    * Deluxe = 14cm
    * Voyager = 17cm
    * Leader = 25cm
    I wouldn't even lump them into just pre and post DOTM rather by year. I was cleaning my collection and noticed TFA Leader Megatron is way shorter than his Cybertron counterpart. So yeah I was hoping someone with a large enough collection would have gone through and made a gallery or chart of sizes over the years.

Some text reviewers also include the sizes of the toys (in vehicle and robot modes), so if you click on the reviews for the toy, you can see and compare the sizes. Two I would recommend would be:
    dirge's cliffbee.com
    Dave's Transformers Page

Whats the popular opinion on the move away spring missile launchers over to friction missile launchers? Is it safety? Is it cost cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Not getting Lugnut in leader class was one of the biggest travesties of Animated. It's up there with the lack of the 4th season
    And not getting a titan class Omega Supreme & the Lugnut Supreme clones

As well as not getting Scrapper, Mixmaster & Dirt Boss...

Or a Brawn (retool of Soundwave) Strika, Cyclonus, Spittor.