Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime

Default Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime

News of a First Edition redeco from TF Colombia Facebook

I'm thinking someone at Hasbro needs to brush up on their definitions of "Platinum" and "Silver"!
    This has got to be the cheapest and worst looking TF in recent memory... possibly of all time.

Megatran Guest

Keep him mostly unpainted and call him Silver Knight OP. Hasbro you are a genius.

I feel sick. Honestly, who would buy that?

Hasbro, this is starting to apply to more and more of your releases:
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I like repaints, and I like the FE Optimus Prime, but this is honest to gosh the worst repaint I have ever seen.

ETA: I often wait for the repaints of things. In this case, I actually feel like Hasbro are rewarding me for buying the First Edition when it came out. This is a terrible, terrible depaint, not even worth of being called a repaint. In my opinion, because repaints are inherently a cost-saving measure, the repaint should be better than the original, or at least significantly different enough that they aren't comparable. In this case... just no. I mean, look at all that horrible Hasbro grey! It's so drab, so dreary... no fun at all.

The worst part is I was really hoping for a Silver Knight repaint of the leader, so I'd have a good reason to buy it as well as the FE. But if this is what that would look like, then I am so unbelievably sad.

I cross my fingers and hope even harder for an Australian release of the DOTM Prime and Grimlock 2-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    ....In this case, I actually feel like Hasbro are rewarding me for buying the First Edition when it came out. This is a terrible, terrible depaint, not even worth of being called a repaint...
    De-paint... damn, that is a missed opportunity on my part for the thread title!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    De-paint... damn, that is a missed opportunity on my part for the thread title!
    Do I have to post Zoidberg again?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Nice coloured windows and weapons though.

does this release include a pot of paint and a brush? or are they sold separately

Releases like this, and the awful AOE Titans, are legitimate Hasbro TFs that look like cheap nasty KOs. Seriously - it's dull, washed out grey, not silver. I'm sure there are some talented and hard working designers at Hasbro, but come on. It can't be hard to do better than this.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!