0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - POTP Punch/Counterpunch

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Punch/Counterpunch has the prime armour because he's a Power of the Primes deluxe, and the gimmick for Power of the Primes deluxes is to be able to 'wear' prime armour on the chest or to have it attach to the vehicle mode. As you observed, both modes have chest/back panels that swing open to reveal 5mm ports; those are actually meant for prime armour to be attached to the chest.
    The Prime Armour in general is pretty daft - but it can work out ok on this one. Especially since it doesn't need to do double-duty as a foot/hand, you can just pop the two thumbs off altogether which leaves this one looking a lot like a jetpack - that'd be helpful in covering up the fairly obvious 'other robot' when looking at this figure from the back.

Great toy. I think in this instance, the higher price for the exclusive was worth it as it really feels like getting 2 toys for the price of one. Very clever engineering, a nice intuitive transformation and I like how the 2 robot modes look appropriately dissimilar, ie different hands by design rather than a single pair of hands that are used by both robot modes..

The flaps on the chests do more than just reveal a port for the Prime Armour - they also hide the opposing faction symbol on each robot mode’s back.

The only thing I think could’ve been executed a bit better is the lack of distinct feet on both robot modes.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

...oh, and another thing - my shoulders were assembled correctly in package. Was fully prepared to do the mod, don’t have to.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Will be interesting to see what they do with the fist joint when they release whoever this figure is a pre-tool of (either Pointblank or Crosshairs could be made to work, and may as well get crazy and do Sureshot while they're at it, repeating the same trick they did with the Cons Targetmasters...).

I'm guessing the joint will swing around to reveal a port for the Targetmaster partner, similar to how it was on the old CHUG Cyclonus, emulating the Japanese cartoon's way of attaching the Targetmaster partner directly?

FatalityPitt Guest

The more I look at the photos, the more I want.

I'm inspired to lock in an order... When Amazon restocks.

I won't be getting mine for a while. Could someone please post side by side comparison photos with G1 Punch/Counterpunch?

Finally showed up from Amazon.au, but I'm rather impressed-picked this guy up to make a free shipping threshold but it's a pretty neat concept, and both robots and vehicles modes look nice.
    His legs are a bit loose on mine and the lack of proper feet + the super tight/limited thigh swivels make posing a but hard, but I enjoy this figure!
    The Prime Master is a nice touch, as is the box.
    A solid Deluxe, esp for less than normal DLX RRP in AU

Just got this guy recently so as to make shipping costs for something else (Deluxe Skytread/Flywheels, couldn't find any in Oz) a bit easier to stomach, and he's great. Loose legs on mine, the shoulder articulation in Punch mode could be better (though I prefer it with the shoulders a little bit lower to make for a better profile IMO, which kind of hurts the articulation a little bit more), and I totally agree that different/better guns would have been better than a useless combiner fist (it does make a nice rocket pack for Counterpunch though), but yeah...I really like him all around. Even more than Skytread, who's a pretty sweet toy in his own right. Counterpunch mode looks great and the car totally gives off a 'spy-car' vibe.

He's expensive, but he pulls off a hard-to-do gimmick really well, and he's cool.