Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers AOE already available to preorder on iTunes.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yes they do. New release Blu-rays range up to $50. Star Trek Into Darkness was $50 at Big W for the 3D + Digital Copy version. They often don't go up that high but they do go as high as $50.

Besides digital is better than physical. You can make as many copies as you want to make sure you don't loose it if your paranoid. You can redownload any time you want. And no ****ing disk to worry about.

I buy all my music from iTunes. I buy all my X1 and PS4 games digitally unless I want to trade it in or think I might want to bring back. And I would buy movies from iTunes if they added TrueHD and Master Audio. Like it or not those stupid disk are going away forever sooner or later. JB HiFi and EB Games will be out of business.
    Like said you really need to know where to buy your Bluerays. It is your preference to support whichever method as long as it is not pirated I don't think there is any issue. I have NOT bought any Bluerays over $30 Not one.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Like said you really need to know where to buy your Bluerays. It is your preference to support whichever method as long as it is not pirated I don't think there is any issue. I have NOT bought any Bluerays over $30 Not one.
    And where would you recommend exactly? Big W, Kmart, Sanity and JB HiFi all price theirs roughly the same.

So far the only place thats listed the 3D version of The Lego Movie thats coming out next is JB HiFi at $35 (which is the best price I've seen on a 3D Blu-ray in forever). If you could save me a few bucks on it I'd appreciate it.

There are quite a lot of sources, and of course waiting game. Granted someone may want a limited edition with some metal case but thats their choice and you pay premium for those.

I buy my Bluerays online either from Amazon UK or a few others like Zaavi and sometimes and especially when they offer free shipping to Australia. I also grab bargains from Video Ezy. And if you don't mind Ex-rental, they go as cheap at $20-12. That works for me especially if the disc is clean and no scratches.

Like said, I am not against your method, as it is personal preferences. But I think you can see that a lot of the posters here go for the Blueray route as they can convert the movie to whichever format they want to view on their devices. A Plus is extra materials from the movie.

And yes, I do collect 3D Bluerays as well. Shop around, as far as Bluerays are concerned, I make sure they are region 4 for PAL system which is safe to get from other countries.

I check prices at every store when a new BluRay comes out that I want as prices are all over the place. I also wait for the inevitable 20%off sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I check prices at every store when a new BluRay comes out that I want as prices are all over the place. I also wait for the inevitable 20%off sales.
    The thing is they become really dirt cheap after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Amazon UK or a few others like Zaavi
    Ordering from the UK is a terrible idea. Take it from someone that works retail and has to put up with not getting rostered because theres not enough money. You are putting Australians out of work by buying from overseas for products sold in Australia.

With all my digital purchases I make sure I buy credit from Big W or EB Games to pay for them just to make sure I'm not putting someone out of a job.

For Transformers I buy from BBTS and HLJ because all Takara and Hasbro's Generations are not available here. If I'm going to pick up a figure that is available here I pick it up locally.

Just wait for the end of year financials when companies who have cried poor all year & have hacked & slashed their workforce, post millions of dollars in profit.

Ordering from the UK is a terrible idea. Take it from someone that works retail and has to put up with not getting rostered because theres not enough money. You are putting Australians out of work by buying from overseas for products sold in Australia.

With all my digital purchases I make sure I buy credit from Big W or EB Games to pay for them just to make sure I'm not putting someone out of a job.

For Transformers I buy from BBTS and HLJ because all Takara and Hasbro's Generations are not available here. If I'm going to pick up a figure that is available here I pick it up locally.
    I don't see buying from itunes is going to make any difference. I just buy what I want cheap. Same deal for Transformers toys, if we going to talk about putting peoples jobs out then we should NOT be buying any mp from Takara Tomy and just sit and wait for Hasbro Australia to release.

I have done my part not to support piracy and thats to only that extend, I don't see why I should deprive my money further if I can save money buying from other sources.

Like said I buy from Video Ezy as well.

Australian retail needs to pull up it's socks to get my money. Sub-par service (self serve checkouts? They want ME to do their work for them??) and goods choice makes me shop online.

I understand it will affect local jobs. But I don't really see evidence of the local stores putting much effort in to making me want to spend my money with them. They rarely have good sales anymore, which I see as a sign they are doing good enough. Australian retail is driven by the retailers. Not the consumers.

Sorry for off topic </rant>

If you're going to be gouged for a blue ray edition, at least consider the Amazon exclusive with Optimus riding grimlock (nothing sus!)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!