Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ultra Magnus - Sort Of.

Default Masterpiece Ultra Magnus - Sort Of.

From the desks of the TakaraTomy design team - one of them has cannibalised a G1 Magnus Trailer and wrapped it around a Masterpiece Prime: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...-japan-175692/

Yeah, one of the TakaraTOMY designers also tweeted a concept image earlier this week too. So it looks like they're considering the idea of MP Magnus (whether or not they'll go ahead with it is not yet known)

Hopefully they are seriously considering this option. I don't own MP10 so I can't check this, but doesn't MP10 have slots at strategic places on the legs and cab that could be used to attach armour to? (I seem to remember this being discussed prior to the MP10 release).

Either way, cracking idea and I hope this comes to fruition.

It looks very 'kitbashy' at this point. The armor is mostly composed of a cut up G1 Magnus trailer made to fit the MP-10 mold.

I think that this is something the designer wanted to do and I really hope it comes to fruition but I doubt it.

I really like it, kitbash or not. If it does get released, i want an option of that guys face on his intercom

Clearly, judging by the look on the designer's face that he's working on an armoured MP Ultra Magnus right now, as we speak

A couple of really good signs - this photo and the tweet of the concept image earlier this week (any chance you could post it here gok?). Me be watching this space very closely!

I also remember the discussion about MP-10 having attachment points for armour. Hopefully these images mean something is in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I also remember the discussion about MP-10 having attachment points for armour. Hopefully these images mean something is in the pipeline.
    I thought that was officially put to rest by Tomy, I can't remember where but it may have been an interview.

I really do hope that it comes to be, an MP Magnus is something that I have been wanting for years, since MP-02 'White Prime' came out.

Yeah, it could just be one individual designer's pipe dream and may not reflect what TakTOM is officially considering doing atm.

Anyway, here is the aforementioned tweeted concept image.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Anyway, here is the aforementioned tweeted concept image.
    That's the same 'prototype' put through the same Photoshop filter as the banner at the top of this site.